See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stayed here for two nights late March and had no problems at all. The staff were friendly, polite, and helpful. The shuttle service worked great. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. TV with four HBO channels and well as the standard cable stations. The only thing from previous comments I can agree to is that the breakfast offerings are not up to par. Bagels would be a welcome addition.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
DaysInnOrdWest, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Elk Grove Village O'Hare Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to do review at TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We decided to stay here since it was cheap and near the airport. The shuttle service was absolutely horrible. It doesn't come on a regular basis and when we called to get a ride, they said that they only offered one shuttle ride per room. My friend and I were sharing a room and we were arriving to the airports at different times, so I ended up waiting at the airport for two hours before the shuttle came.
This policy about one shuttle ride per room is nowhere to be found in their terms and conditions. Also, the hotel itself is quite sketchy. It's worth it to spend $10 more and go somewhere else...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our service. I am truly sorry that I failed to provide you with my very best. I have discussed this situation with my entire staff to ensure it is not repeated. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

We decided to stay here because it was one of the cheapest hotels in the Chicago area that is near a CTA subway station. They have a free shuttle van to and from O'Hare, so we figured we could use that when we needed to get to its train station. This was even confirmed in the phone call I made before booking. However, upon check-in, the staff member informed us that we only get one requested ride to and one ride from the airport, unless we happen to tag along with others getting their obligatory ride, which also occurs only once per hour. This does not seem fair. As a paying guest, we should be able to receive a ride from the airport, whether or not we had a flight. It also seems sketchy. Why would they have this rule in place, unless they're explicitly trying to circumvent those wanting to use the city's wonderful public transportation system? This is not how any company should be doing customer service.
The second gripe is with the breakfast service. Another reason we booked three nights is for the included continental breakfast. However, upon arrival in the very crowded lobby for the meal our first morning, almost everything had been picked over. What pastries that WERE left were in such disarray and the cereal in a dusty mess that we quickly decided to have our breakfast elsewhere. Again, this is not how to properly serve customers. One should not be disgusted by the disorder and unkempt quality of food, especially that which everyone has access to.
Our third issue is more of a general warning. The village water for Elk Grove honestly tastes like match heads. The hotel likely has nothing to do with this, but it certainly doesn't help them score any points.
Overall, we caution anyone looking for a cheap hotel in the O'Hare/Des Plaines area. Though the price may be right, you won't even get your money's worth at Days Inn.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Our family booked this Hotel for the Park-N-fly deal and used the shuttle service our early flight. NEVER again! Hotel Manager was unfriendly, room was dirty, carpet was so worn and dirty we kept our shoes on at all times. There was only enough towels for two people in a double occupancy room.Our kids actually begged to leave when we entered the hotel room. We needed a roll away bed for our youngest child, but the roll away they brought us had springs sticking out of it. Hotel claims to have a continental breakfast but we ran next door to the Mc Donalds. Hope this is helpful!!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I read all the bad reviews before I booked a room at this hotel but had to chance it because it was so close to the school I had to attend that week. I stayed three days at this hotel and was really glad I did. I really didn't expect much because it was cheap but I actually was more comfortable there than I had been at hotels that were a lot more expensive. The room was huge, it was clean, the sheets smelled of bleach which was good, and the bathroom was clean. I liked that it offered a lot of drawer space most places only give you a couple of places to put your clothes. The water does smell funny but its NOT a sewer smell, its more like how pool water smells, like it might have some type of chemical in it. I bathe in it and even use it to make my coffee, didn't get a rash and didn't get sick. There is a bar next to it but neither day I was there was anyone out acting disorderly. The staff does have an accent but I understood them perfectly, I guess I'm just us to talking to people from different nationalities. I would definitely be staying there again and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tamika74
DaysInnOrdWest, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Elk Grove Village O'Hare Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2012