See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Cheap prices, clean, desk lady was very friendly, breakfast, clean sheets.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Tatortotz
DaysInnOrdWest, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Elk Grove Village O'Hare Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to do review at TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times, and no it is not the Hilton, but it has always been a clean, safe and reliable place to stay with good service. I have found the shuttle to be reliable, and from personal experience if your flight gets delayed and you arrive at midnight, they will send someone special just to get you. The parking is not covered or gated, but I have never had a problem with my vehicle. I have had no problems communicating with the staff, and have always found them to be polite. I usually drink bottled water in larger cities (I believe Chicago's comes from Lake Michigan). Overall, yes it is an older hotel, and sometimes the scent of air freshener is a little strong, but I already have plans to stay here again for my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank CoreyWisconsin
DaysInnOrdWest, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Elk Grove Village O'Hare Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Reviewed February 16, 2012

We have stayed here 4 times for Park-and-Fly over the past couple of years, and simply cannot understand why this place has received such negative comments. Of course it is not the Ritz for $60. But the four different rooms we have experienced over the years were all quite clean, comfortable and quiet. Everything was stocked and worked fine. Staff were helpful and friendly and certainly could speak English. If you can't negotiate an Indian (or other) accent these days, you better stay home in your own little world! The parking lot has no junk cars, in our experience, nor was there any other indication that rough customers stay here. After reading the comment about the "gay bar" across the street, I did notice, for the first time, there is a "dance club" next door. So what? On the other side is a McDonalds-- is that too a sign of a shabby, dangerous neighborhood? The water did smell a little off, but I don't expect great water to drink from the tap of any big-city hotel, even the fanciest ones. It was certainly fine to shower in. The shuttle runs once per hour, but it's hard to see why that's anything to complain about, since most air trip itineraries don't operate on such fine tolerances that an extra 20 or 30 minutes is significant. We just stayed last night, Feb/16/12, and were particularly paying attention to the points in all these negative reviews-- On the contrary, the place and service seems "Very Good" for the price and purpose to us.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank john2668MM

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I don't normally do dumps but, I figured, what the hey, one night can't be that bad. It was actually my friend's idea to stay here. I was looking all over the internet for cheap but good hotels, and she found this one. I was originally going to stay in another one, which would be 30$ more, but my friend made me feel bad, because it was only going to be one night. A word to the wise: Never sacrifice comfort over price. Lesson Learned!

We were actually at the airport waiting for a good 40 mins, before the shuttle pulled in. Ironically we were making fun of all the old cars, saying that that must be our shuttle, funny thing when it pulled up it looked the same as the old cars. In the van, the lady told us that she didn't have any reservations for us. So I'm dying inside, and kinda upset too. I just knew what lay ahead. When we pulled up to the hotel, I literally said "are we there yet?". Upon entering, I noticed the crappy lobby. The front people were nice. After hoisting my luggage up steep large stairs, which I was told was only a couple, I walked down a very strange looking hall way, with absolutely no HEAT. To sum it up: the room was like ICE, the water smelled like a sewer, the shower took 15 literal minutes to heat up, I felt very icky in the bed, and brushing my teeth, the room's heater went up to 95 deg. and I was still freezing. Upon my trip to the airport, I happened to be in the front seat, and my hands were between my knees (in a decent manner) because they were cold and have poor circulation. I saw the bus driver eyeing my hands from the time we left the hotel, to the time we arrived at the airport. Flippin pervert!

Just don't ever go here. I would not even advise my worst enemy to go here. I still don't get how it managed to get 5 stars!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

I am sorry that you were disappointed with our service. I am truly sorry that I failed to provide you with my very best. I have discussed this situation with my entire staff to ensure it is not repeated. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

The staff is unbelievably rude and barely speak English. The heater did not work and forget about taking a shower because the water smells terrible. I cannot believe anyone would have anything good to say about this dump, especially the conduct of the front desk people. PLEASE do yourself a favor and do not stay at this hotel!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family