“Excellent stay for the price and services”
Review of Elk Grove Hotel

Elk Grove Hotel
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed here twice (the day before my trip and the day after). My first night was unimpressive. They had a friendly staff, but the room was dated-TV was old tube type-bathroom wasn't great-but for $65, free parking while I was away on my trip and a free shuttle to and from the airport I couldn't complain (Ohare parking would have run me close to the $65 just in parking fees). When I returned it was late and for the price I decided to stay again. This time I was amazed! The room was 100x better than the previous one-bed was comfy-bathroom was perfect (first time the showerhead didn't have much pressure) TV was a flat screen and the stay was awesome (for the price). The restaurant in the building is closed, but there are 5 fast food restaurants within walking distance. For the price and services you cannot beat this hotel-Just don't be expecting the Taj Mahal.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet but dated-Rooms in the front are newer but you have neighbors.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We used their park and fly service and was charged twice for the room. After 4 phone calls and the manager stating it was their mistake and it would be taken care of I have not had any return calls and no results. For the price we paid we could have stayed at a lot nicer hotel.

Room Tip: Monitor your credit card for charges.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were old and run down, but didn't expect anything fantastic for the price we paid. The biggest complaint is of the airport shuttle process. The website claims its 24 hrs/day and we were told that is not true anymore while checking in and that they haven't updated the website. They assured us though that they would arrange a special early transfer the following morning and a late pick up upon arrival. Departure was fine and the shuttle arrived on-time as promised. When we arrived back to O'Hare at 11:15pm after traveling 8+hours we were not thrilled to wait over 40 minutes for the shuttle to arrive as we stood outside waiting (the hotel is 6 miles away). Although you give them all of your flight information when you check into the hotel, you still have to call them once you have actually arrived AND collected your checked bags. That probably wouldn't have even bothered me much if they would have sent someone promptly after I called, but to still wait as long as we did after midnight was unacceptable.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank alantz2
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We got stranded in Chicago because our flight was canceled due to weather. We booked this through Airport Accommodations, and our $50.00/night rate was supposedly a discounted rate. We waited for a long time for the shuttle, and finally I called the hotel and asked if they had any idea when the van would arrive. The clerk said, "This is a courtesy shuttle, and it's not my job". Wow! The van that did finally pick us up was rusty and dirty. That was our first indication of what was to come.This place is pretty bad. Very run down and dingy, although there appears to be some attempt at renovation going on. The lobby doeshave some upgrades, but needs a lot more. The hallways to the rooms are scary. Very dark, dim lighting, and smelled a bit moldy. As we walked to our room, I felt I was in a scene from "The Shining". Surprisingly the room was not as bad as I expected it to be. It was large, well-laid out, clean, and not as old as the rest of the hotel would suggest. The furnishings are low-end, but in good condition. There was a coffee maker, too. Skip the breakfast! It was awful. There were a few slices of white bread, 2 bagels, some yogurt, 4 kinds of cereal, and a waffle machine. I tried the waffle, and it was totally inedible. Old batter?? So I tried a bowl of Raisin Bran. The cereal was so old, it was soggy and tasted awful. I couldn't bring myself to try anything else. We took the shuttle back to the airport, but the driver was putting luggage in the second seat, so we had to climb into the far back seats. At nearly 70, I really didn't appreciate that. He never offered to put down a stool to assist us, and it was difficult to climb in the van, and maneuver ourselves to the back seat. Would I ever stay there again? Not on your life!

1  Thank Joyce C
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed there Oct. 4th with the park and fly option. Room was outdated and hot. light fixture was rusty, literally! Window was so dirty you could not even see out of it. Box spring was very stained and disgusting. I wouldn't stay here again even if it was free!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Craig P
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband is staying here tonight because he missed a Hong Kong flight due to weather. I was concerned given the low ranking and reviews but he has a pleasant room at a reasonable price. More importantly both my son and I called the front desk as he had disappeared between OHare and the hotel. His phone was broken. The woman I spoke to was kind, considerate and concerned. She had no record of a call from United and no request for a shuttle. We moved on that. She then took my name and number and as soon as my husband made contact for a shuttle, she called me back. Hospitality includes this type of support when you are near OHare. Thanks so much. You deserve a kindness in return.

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This is an actual conversation :
Me to the front desk clerk:
Can I please request one more towel because there are 4 of us and there are only 3 towels.

Clerk: No, we can't give you any more towels because that's all that we can put in the room.

Me: Excuse me, but there are 4 of us, can't we request one more from housekeeping ?

Clerk: You can ask housekeeping yourself.

Me: Can I talk to your supervisor or manager?

Clerk: they won't be here till tomorrow. You can take it up with my supervisor tomorrow.

If that doesn't scare you from checking into this hotel, then go at your own risk. I have traveled a lot and stayed in many hotels but this is absolutely THE WORST in my whole entire life!

• Stayed: August 2013