“DONT STAY HERE OMG”
Review of Elk Grove Hotel

Elk Grove Hotel
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed July 15, 2013

There were wet towels in my mom's room. Then she called the front desk. But they said they don't care. So my mom said she will throw the towels in the hall. Then the front desk said "Whatever, stay or check out". Room isn't even that good. We reserved 2 King bed room and 1 double bed room. But we all got 3 double bed rooms. The toilet seat were torn up a little bit, the bathroom's doorknob were old, rusty, and couldn't lock. On the website, it said there's free wifi. But we couldn't even use the wifi. So we decided to go to the fitness room. The treadmill is very old. Repeat. VERY OLD. It made noise and when you're running, you will feel like the thing is about to explode. So, that didn't work out, we decided to go to the pool. We can only stay there for like ten minutes. Instead of being polite, they told us to get out of the pool. (Which we were doing, but I got stuck) then we went to the front desk and ask for more towels. But the indian old man said they didn't have any left but then he went to the back and grabbed us 2 little towels. You can also hear kids in the morning play. You can here everything, even people on the second floor taking a shower and Im pretty sure you dont want to hear others having you know what. And when kids jumped in the pool when I was there, the water splashed all the way to the hallway. So watch out for that, if you dont want to get wet like me.

Room Tip: There's nothing good here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank lolwotgoaway

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The walls are paper thin - you can hear everything - and i mean EVERYTHING - in the hallway and adjacent rooms. Earplugs are a must if you don't want to be woken by inconsiderate guests. I would not return.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cmnold
Reviewed June 26, 2013

June 2013, I am a business traveler a appx 200 nights per year...........this visit was for Travel Baseball Team 16U. Receptionist(s) were extremely rude and offered NO help when I ask about Windham rewards.
first night NO internet service and TV was like going back 30 years in time....Bad reception and 20 channels maybe.......breakfast.......forget it walk across the street to Mickey Dee's or Doughnut shop , you will get your breakfast faster than waiting in the line for the 1- waffle maker. hotel has about 300 rooms.
second night was a nightmare.......NO towels, washcloths.....nothing.
asst manager hung the phone up on me, when I suggested that they go buy some towels for guests. when I visited the front desk to ask why she hung up on me....she replied "you can't talk to us that way". I cannot believe this place can survive. it is not worth the stay at any price!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Charles B
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We stays here for 2 nights. Hotwire reservation, but we were able to get 2 beds no problem. The lobby was clean and updated. But like other people said its the only thing that's updated. The breakfast are is right by the front desk , so I felt watched as I ate my waffles and OJ. The way the hotel is laid out is a big strange. You have to walk far to you room, but the do have entrances in all the little corners. The pool area was quit nice, you feel like your outdoor with the skylights and real trees/bushes, buts its inclosed area. Hot tub was not hot, just warm and very clorined, the pool was a good size. As for the room , we you can't expect much , it was however clean and tidy. You can tell this is an older building and needs some remodel like paint and new mattresses. Mattress were really bad on your back if your used to pillow top. Pillows very good and other then the springs in your back we felt comfy enough. We could not catch any wifi in the place. Over all ok for what I paid

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Olgeya
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Old, dirty, smelly, poor customer service. Receptionists were discussing the volume at which the other chewed gum whilst 'processing' my booking. I've had to reconnect to the wifi at least 40 times in the space of 4 hours whilst trying o work. When I call reception they tell me there is no problem. Air con on full blast is barely able to make the room sleep able in. Staff are untidy. The lien tells isn't much better. Easily the worst hotel I've ever been in, and I've stayed in 3 star places in India. No excuse. Robbery even taking bookings from people. Disgusting. You have been warned!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Paulo_Ryanelli
Reviewed May 12, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Not a good choice, by any stretch. Why an international airline would choose this hotel, which seems very popular with the tractor-trailer drivers, is beyond me. The restaurant was closed, so no food was available. Rooms were a bit dated if clean enough. It seems worn out and in serious need of a refurbishment. One staff member at 9:00 pm checking in a 747 airplane was not prudent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business