“OK for overnight if you have no great expectations”
Review of Elk Grove Hotel

Elk Grove Hotel
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Michigan
“OK for overnight if you have no great expectations”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I got stuck overnight in Chicago when a flight was canceled, and this seemed like the best price for an airport motel with shuttle service. I had made a reservation on line via the Ramada website, but when I arrived at the property I was told my reservation couldn't be found, which was one more frustration I could have done without after my travel problems. The receptionist was going to give me a room anyhow, but when I said I wanted the same rate I had reserved at, that became a problem. I stood my gound, and after some time, the receptionist did find my reservation after all.
This is not as nice as most Ramadas. The room was fairly seedy, but it was clean. They do have a free breakfast - the normal stuff, waffles, cereal, yogurt, english muffins, packaged Danish. There's a gym and a pool. The computer in the lobby was not working. The ice machine closest to my room was also not working.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Little to no service when you come in, Doors that barely lock and dealbolts that do not, razor thin walls with clientele that are up all hours, brown water coming from the sink, heater that looks as though it was installed a century ago and barely works, 10 count sheets that retain zero heat...hands down awful!!! don't stay here if you know whats good for you, the Fly & Park deal is not worth it either since there is only one beatin up old van which they cram people into and a driver that has no regard for the luggage.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank michael r
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were in town for the B96 Jingle Bash at the Allstate Arena and we ha made reservations through a third party and web we got to the hotel we went to the front desk and waited for what seemed like forever! When the lady came finally we told her we had a reservation only to be told we would have to wait about a half hour for someone to clean A room. I told her we had reserved a room and it should be ready and he gave is bad attitude and rolled her eyes and said "well we have to clean one unless you want a dirty room" we turned around and left

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Bgood4
Worcester, MA
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our group got there very late that night, and the first room the hotel staff gave me had not been clean. There were no sheets on the bed and the coffee pot was full. I had to go back downstairs and ask for another room. They then gave me a decent room close to the entrance hall which was fine.

The room is basic but clean. The bathroom is basic but worked. It was fine for a short sleep. The free shuttle to the airport is convenient as well as the breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to someone who needs to spend the night in a bed before taking a plane the next day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed 3 days and paid $51, The staff was very nice, my room was always very clean, the usual light breakfast thing, a pool, rooms are decent size. Old motel but is good for price, if you want fancy pay more. I will stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed October 25, 2012

First of all, I only paid $46.00 for my room, so I shouldn't have expected too much. Still, it was a surprisingly low rate for an airport hotel of Ramada's level. The problems started with my call for a ride from O'Hare. First I was told 10 minute wait, then 25 - this in the early afternoon, not the busiest time. Even though I'd booked the room at Ramada.com, the front desk had it down that I'd booked through a third party and that the room was already paid for. It wasn't, but we agreed to revisit this in the morning when I checked out.

The room was of decent size and comfort. However, it was a warm day and the air conditioner didn't work. Front desk said they'd send maintenance right up. It never happened. 45 minutes later I call again and was told the maintenance guy was off on some errand, but he'd be back soon and they'd send him right up. An hour later, no maintenance guy, so I call again. Oh, the maintenance man has gone home for the day. In the meantime I'd managed to cool my room down by opening the windows and while this worked, the noise from airplanes climbing away from O'Hare was quite loud. Still, it was later in the day and since the room had cooled down a bit (sun in the windows was the main culprit, I suspect) I elected to stay. Interestingly, no offer was ever made to switch me to another room.

Later, a light bulb went out. I called down to front desk. This time, I got some guy who spoke broken English when he bothered to speak at all. I really had to drag answers out of him. No lightbulbs. Light bulbs go out all the time and yet they didn't have any available for quick replacement. The room was nice and quiet (no neighbors) and since that was more important to me than more light, I left it be.

Finally, I was looking forward to watching the Monday Night Football game. What? They had cable but some budget package that didn't include ESPN. Sigh... At least the wireless connection was good, so I listened on my laptop.

The best part of my stay was the quiet room and the shuttle driver, a nice guy who worked hard and was helpful with bags and the like. Would I stay here again? At $46.00 a night - maybe. I think this could be a pretty good hotel if they just get a better management team that knows how to hire good, conscientious and caring people in the public contact positions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
antioch
Reviewed October 24, 2012

After reading the negative reviews about this hotel I thought Oh Great what did I do since I purchased through Hotwire and it was nonrefundable. Anyways, it was fine. I stayed only one night. I had to catch a early flight. I took the shuttle to the airport. I paid $40 and tax for the room through hotwire. Great Deal. Room was clean. King size bed.... couch.... - there was a pool area which looked nice (atrium) it was empty when I arrived at 7pm but the area looked nice. When I pulled up in parking lot it looked a little older...and by the front enterance/canopy... was under construction but the inside was fine. They have a complimentary breakfast however I did not have time to eat. The shuttle ride was fine. The 2 ladies when I arrived where pleasant behind the counter.

Room Tip: I did stay in a nonsmoking room.