“Decent for a night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Worcester, MA
“Decent for a night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Our group got there very late that night, and the first room the hotel staff gave me had not been clean. There were no sheets on the bed and the coffee pot was full. I had to go back downstairs and ask for another room. They then gave me a decent room close to the entrance hall which was fine.

The room is basic but clean. The bathroom is basic but worked. It was fine for a short sleep. The free shuttle to the airport is convenient as well as the breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to someone who needs to spend the night in a bed before taking a plane the next day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed 3 days and paid $51, The staff was very nice, my room was always very clean, the usual light breakfast thing, a pool, rooms are decent size. Old motel but is good for price, if you want fancy pay more. I will stay here again

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Fairbanks, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

First of all, I only paid $46.00 for my room, so I shouldn't have expected too much. Still, it was a surprisingly low rate for an airport hotel of Ramada's level. The problems started with my call for a ride from O'Hare. First I was told 10 minute wait, then 25 - this in the early afternoon, not the busiest time. Even though I'd booked the room at Ramada.com, the front desk had it down that I'd booked through a third party and that the room was already paid for. It wasn't, but we agreed to revisit this in the morning when I checked out.

The room was of decent size and comfort. However, it was a warm day and the air conditioner didn't work. Front desk said they'd send maintenance right up. It never happened. 45 minutes later I call again and was told the maintenance guy was off on some errand, but he'd be back soon and they'd send him right up. An hour later, no maintenance guy, so I call again. Oh, the maintenance man has gone home for the day. In the meantime I'd managed to cool my room down by opening the windows and while this worked, the noise from airplanes climbing away from O'Hare was quite loud. Still, it was later in the day and since the room had cooled down a bit (sun in the windows was the main culprit, I suspect) I elected to stay. Interestingly, no offer was ever made to switch me to another room.

Later, a light bulb went out. I called down to front desk. This time, I got some guy who spoke broken English when he bothered to speak at all. I really had to drag answers out of him. No lightbulbs. Light bulbs go out all the time and yet they didn't have any available for quick replacement. The room was nice and quiet (no neighbors) and since that was more important to me than more light, I left it be.

Finally, I was looking forward to watching the Monday Night Football game. What? They had cable but some budget package that didn't include ESPN. Sigh... At least the wireless connection was good, so I listened on my laptop.

The best part of my stay was the quiet room and the shuttle driver, a nice guy who worked hard and was helpful with bags and the like. Would I stay here again? At $46.00 a night - maybe. I think this could be a pretty good hotel if they just get a better management team that knows how to hire good, conscientious and caring people in the public contact positions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
antioch
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

After reading the negative reviews about this hotel I thought Oh Great what did I do since I purchased through Hotwire and it was nonrefundable. Anyways, it was fine. I stayed only one night. I had to catch a early flight. I took the shuttle to the airport. I paid $40 and tax for the room through hotwire. Great Deal. Room was clean. King size bed.... couch.... - there was a pool area which looked nice (atrium) it was empty when I arrived at 7pm but the area looked nice. When I pulled up in parking lot it looked a little older...and by the front enterance/canopy... was under construction but the inside was fine. They have a complimentary breakfast however I did not have time to eat. The shuttle ride was fine. The 2 ladies when I arrived where pleasant behind the counter.

Room Tip: I did stay in a nonsmoking room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank jackie h
Airdrie, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

On arrival at this hotel, I found the front desk staff too busy talking amongst each other. Gave me a room key to a room which hadn't been made up yet. Hotel wireless internet was broken for 2 days. The "business centre" had 1 working PC but the internet also broke on this. I asked for some help with this but the staff member behind the desk glanced up from texting and said he didn't know. I felt customer service could have been improved. Restaurant was out of service. Hotel shuttle runs from the hotel to O'Hare hourly.
Room was OK, comfortable and clean enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I can't believe United sent me here. This hotel was probably an okay place 30-40 years ago. Sooo outdated. No restaurant. No gift/convenience shop (although there were a few vending machines). The remote for the TV didn't work. The whole hotel was dark, musty, dingy and scary and felt like the owners had given up a long time ago.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank Nlh1981
Uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our incoming flight to Chicago was delayed, so we missed our connection to London, and United Airlines gave us a voucher for an overnight stay at the Ramada Ohare Elk Grove.
We waited for an hour for the shuttle bus, and eventually had to ask the bell boy at the Hilton to make a call for us to the Ramada. The shuttle bus (a clapped out , bashed up old van ) turned up and took us to the Ramada. What a dull , dreary, worn out, grim place it is.
Though the reception staff were friendly and helpful. it was a miserable stay. The blanket had a burn hole, the alam clock did not work, the carpets felt sticky, and the TV set also felt sticky. Yuck! I resisted the urge to look at the mattress,......!! The bathroom was clean , but in need of refurbishment.
Continental breakfast was OK.......just.
It seemed to be a truck driver stop.
Wifi is only available in the lobby .
The place just needs to be demolished, and United Airlines should be ashamed to offer it.
On the other hand , with a voucher value of 60$ for a hotel within 30 minutes of the airport, maybe you cant expect a lot??
My advice....give this one a miss......

Room Tip: Dont go there at all
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OTG26
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#6 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
3.5 of 5 stars 289 reviews
Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Village Hotel
Best Western O'Hare/Elk Grove Vi...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
3.5 of 5 stars 263 reviews
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Ha...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
3.5 of 5 stars 364 reviews
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
4.0 of 5 stars 312 reviews
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#7 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
3.0 of 5 stars 400 reviews
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
4.5 of 5 stars 312 reviews

Been to Elk Grove Hotel? Share your experiences!