This was stop number two on a long weekend trip with my 3 grandchildren. Unfortunately, we were "spoiled" the previous night at the Portage, IN Country Inn & Suites, so it was kind of a let down compared to that fantastic place.
My biggest problem was the pool area/experience. When I booked this place, I specifically asked about the pool/hot tub because that was one of the important things for us because of the kids. I asked if they had a hot tub and, of course, said yes. My mistake; should have asked if they have a working hot tub, because we were disappointed to find it empty and a sign saying under repairs. The pool was average, clean, but very cool. One of my grandkids last about half an hour, then wanted to go back to the room. He was disappointed. Also, no towels. Had to walk dripping to the front desk for towels. Finally, the pool area was very dark--some of the lights were out.
The room was very clean, but as I said in the title, seemed kind of dated (or again, might have just been spoiled from the bery beautiful room the night before.) The beds were definitely smaller and not as comfy, but we did sleep well. I did appreciate how quiet, especially when it came time to put 5, 4 and 2 1/2 year olds to sleep.
Breakfast was a very postive highlight. The breakfast room was very spacious, there was plenty of food and everything was very good. The lady that ran the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful, especially when it came to helping me get food around for 3 little ones by myself--I really appreciated her! Great coffee, too!
I was a little disappointed at check-out as the desk person, I feel, was not very service oriented. I commented about not being told about the hot tub and she basically just smiled at me. Nothing else; no real apology or anything. Many other places would have given me some sort of discount on the room. Then when I asked her for directions to Legoland, a pretty popular attraction nearby and part of one of the biggest malls in the area, she really couldn't help me out. I find it hard to believe that someone at the front desk of the hotel would not know how to get to a pretty well known and popular mall/attraction. Did she really not know or just didn't want to take the time. But, we found it anyway.
Overall, it was okay, and I probably would stay there again, simply because it was a good value for the money and we did get a good nights sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just off the interstate, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL welcomes guests arriving for a wedding or seminar at Belvedere Events & Banquets, which is connected to the hotel. To make your event even more convenient, we offer a free local shuttle as well as a shuttle from Chicago O’Hare Airport (ORD), just 25 minutes away. During your stay, enjoy free high-speed Internet access, room service, and an indoor pool. Relax after a long flight with a soak in the hot tub, and then prepare for your big presentation in our business center. Amenities and services include: Complimentary Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast, Free High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Fitness Center, Airport Shuttle, and Heated Indoor Pool and Hot Tub. Kick back with a burrito and a beer without leaving your guest room or suite thanks to room service from Real Time Sports Bar & Grill. Standard room amenities include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, Coffeemaker, Pillowtop Mattress with Quality Linens, Room Service, and Free Weekday USA TODAY® Newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove Village
- Country Inn And Suites Elk Grove
- Country Inn Elk Grove Village
- Elk Grove Village Country Inn