This really worked out nicely for us. We were visiting friends and family in the north Chicago area for the day, having driven up from Springfield, IL, that morning. We didn’t want to drive all the way back, so selected this hotel as being on the way south but still near enough to our friends in Northbrook, that we could get there easily in the late evening.
This was perfect right off I-290 and we reserved the suite with the sofa bed, as we like the living area, but put a space A request on the website for an upgrade to a 1 BD unit if available – only $5 to add that request. It worked: we got the upgrade.
The breakfast was excellent with a large area so no one was crowded. And, as we saw before in this chain of hotels, they are choosing to use real dishes and silverware, which makes it even nicer. There is also a great patio area where you can eat too, but as it was over 100 degrees, no one did.
It was easy to get on the freeway south as we could leave late to miss the traffic, since the checkout is not until noon. We would certainly return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located within three miles of Woodfield Mall, 12 miles from O'Hare International Airport, and minutes from Metra Rail to downtown Chicago. Complimentary amenities include: High Speed Internet, Breakfast, Local and Airport Shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Elk Grove
- Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove Village
- Country Inn Elk Grove Village
- Elk Grove Village Country Inn