“Great stay at Country Inn and Suites”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed here for one night for a concert in the immediate area. The location is perfect with an ATM, breakfast joint, sports bar and convenience/liqour store all within walking distance. Was unexpectedly upgraded to a suite which was a very nice surprise. Front desk staff was very friendly and had helpful hints about the area. Pool and hot tub was very nice but the exercise room is kinda lacking. Bed was super comfy but the TVs could use upgrading. All in all we would definitely without a doubt stay here if our travels brought us to the area again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saintev929
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed for one night while in town for an event. The room was clean, well equipped and quiet. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the service in the dining area was outstanding. When I unpacked at home I realized that I left a clothing item in the room. I called them, the day after check out, but my property had not been found. I received a satisfaction survey by email and included my disappointment with the follow up on my loss. Today, 9 days after I checked out, the hotel manager called to say that my property had been found and is being sent to me. I rate this Very Good for the follow up by management, despite the less than attentive service by the desk in a lost-and-found matter. The desk service was otherwise good on check-in and -out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed there twice over the Christmas holidays (12/23-12/24/2011 and 1/2-1/5/2012) and was once again quite pleased with the accommodations. I had stayed there previously and enjoyed it so much that I definitely decided to book there again. The rooms are clean and quite spacious.
The beds are very comfortable.
The hotel lobby is very inviting with the fireplace.The hotel staff is very helpful and really friendly.
We enjoyed the use of the indoor pool. Breakfast was good although it could be improved somewhat.
I used the shuttle service from O'Hare to the hotel and the driver was very pleasant.
I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sheri S
HotelManager834, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and sharing your wonderful experience with the community. We are all very happy that you chose to spend a portion of your holiday period with us (twice) and that we were able to contribute to the good times you had during that festive period! I certainly agree with your assessment that we have a friendly and helpful staff, and it is gratifying when our great guests notice. Thank you.

We look forward to serving you when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We upgraded our room and it was in major need of upgrading. The couch was torn with stuffing hanging out. Wall paper in the shower was peeling off to reveal mold underneath. Weird stains on the ceiling too. Scuff marks all over the walls.The best part was the pool.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank roxychicago

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us, and I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We take seriously our obligation to provide our guests with a great experience and are saddened when we fall short of that goal. Our maintenance and housekeeping staffs continually search for areas of improvement and please be sure that we shall correct any problem of the nature you write as soon as possible.

We do thank you for being our guest and hope that when your travels bring you back to the Elk Grove area that you consider giving us another opportnity to serve you.

Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband & I enjoyed our stay here. The staff is extremely helpful & friendly. Rooms are nice, clean, beds are very comfortable. The breakfast wasn't very good tho, the food was cold, I think I'd go out for breakfast if we stay here next time. Otherwise great hotel, very reasonably priced! Reccommend!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Mamalatte

Thank you so much for being our guest and taking the time to complete a review of our property. We are very happy that you found our staff helpful and friendly, and the accommodations to your liking. We take very seriously our obligation to provide a great experience to our guests, and deeply appreciate the opportunity to serve you while visiting our area.

I apologize for any issues you may have had with our full hot breakfast, and have personally undertaken to make certain that no such concerns will arise again.

Once again, thank you for allowing us to be of service to you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

nice hotel, breakfast could be better (pancake house is next to it though)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rodolfo O
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Hotel is clean, updated, and with a friendly staff. There is plenty of parking and a nice strip of shops, bars, and restaurants directly across or close-by to the hotel. Also, this is a great place for weddings. I attended a wedding at the attached banquet hall and it was incredibly well-serviced and attractive looking. It was nice to be able to skip right over to the hotel without having to drive or go outside.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vince M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#7 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
#11 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL

Address: 1160 West Devon Avenue, Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Location: United States > Illinois > Elk Grove Village
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Elk Grove Village
Price Range: $103 - $153 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL 3*
Just off the interstate, the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL welcomes guests arriving for a wedding or seminar at Belvedere Events & Banquets, which is connected to the hotel. To make your event even more convenient, we offer a free local shuttle as well as a shuttle from Chicago O’Hare Airport (ORD), just 25 minutes away. During your stay, enjoy free high-speed Internet access, room service, and an indoor pool. Relax after a long flight with a soak in the hot tub, and then prepare for your big presentation in our business center. Amenities and services include: Complimentary Hot Be Our Guest Breakfast, Free High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Fitness Center, Airport Shuttle, and Heated Indoor Pool and Hot Tub. Kick back with a burrito and a beer without leaving your guest room or suite thanks to room service from Real Time Sports Bar & Grill. Standard room amenities include: Free High-Speed Internet Access, Coffeemaker, Pillowtop Mattress with Quality Linens, Room Service, and Free Weekday USA TODAY® Newspaper. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elk Grove Village at I-290, IL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Country Inn & Suites Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove Village