“A varied selection of delicious sandwiches, soups & more”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Order Online
Reviewed July 31, 2019

We were coming back from a Schaumburg Boomers game and we were driving past Portillo's Hot Dogs. We decided to stop for a mid-afternoon snack. The drive-thru was not very busy when we pulled in to the lot, but we actually did intend to eat inside. The order process was simple and fast. We ordered a plain cheeseburger, a chopped salad, a bowl of stuffed green pepper soup, a piece of lemon cake & two pieces of chocolate cake. Everything tasted really good. A bit more expensive than most fast food burger restaurants, but the choice and the taste make up for that.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (250)

Reviewed July 16, 2019

I have been coming to portillos since it opened it doors and I have tried just about everything, Chicago style hot dogs, beef with peppers, and my favorite, double cheeseburger with onion rings and a vanilla shake... omg. The salads are great, especially the chopped salad and ribs.... Im coming back for more.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 29, 2019

While a friend visited from out of town, for a few days, we had to have lunch at Portillos. We both ordered Italian beef sandwiches. They were delicious! I ordered mine ‘dipped’ and with American cheese. It was served just as I requested. Our order was ready in just a few minutes! My friend enjoyed her Italian beef sandwich as well! She really enjoyed the chocolate shake she ordered. We arrived at about 145. Ample seating. Great service! We will return.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

Its a MUST Stop while in the Chicago area! Their Italian beef is to die for & the Chicago style hot dogs can you say yum! The cake shakes are awesome too! Where I live just got a Portilios last year lucky us! It is good but seems like the ones around Chicago are even better!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed April 29, 2019 via mobile

Some colleges of mine told me to go there best hot dogs I will ever have. So I did. I ordered a large chili cheese dog, fries and salad. Have to say salad was the best. Fries where salty but eatable. The dog, well what can I say. It looked like a glued melted substance of food. Tasted like a dog and was so one substance. Never this hot dog again. Was just so bad. Looked like it was not fest made and in the bin for 15 min or so. Could be I had the wrong choice. But I had better dogs. Give me the danish polser. So much better than this melted together salty piece of fat. Not sure way Americans are so hype about it. Maybe different taste buds

Date of visit: April 2019