“Good place for small children”

Pirate's Cove Children's Theme Park
Lombard, Illinois, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good place for small children”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I remember coming here in the 80s when I was young and the 90s with my oldest when he was little. As I have aged, so has this park. The park district has done a great job keeping it clean and safe, it's just aging. I was excited to bring my two younger kids with me (4 and 11 yrs old). Upon entering the girl I gave my tickets to, told me since my older guy is big I wouldn't have to pay for him, but he could still try and do some rides. My four year old loved the park and the rides they had. The employees were very good about letting my older child go on the boats, train, and carousel, which was very nice. The only thing that really, really bothered me is the other parents. A lot of the other children lacked supervision and constantly cut in line. One child went on the rock climbing wall 5 times in a row before anyone said anything to him. They have a tiny food stand (or you can bring your own), but be prepared to eat ice cold food. The chicken tenders and fries had been sitting for a looooong time. The bathrooms were comparable to a rest stop bathroom- dirty. Will I go back, yes but only because I still have the extra ticket.

Visited August 2013

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great for toddlers and small children”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We took 5 kids...6,6,5,4 & 3....it was perfect. Small park so not a lot of walking required and it was really well maintained. If I lived there I would buy season passes.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Appymikel
Argyle, Texas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great for Smaller Kids”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My four kids (8, 6, 3, 3) loved this place. It was great for them to run around. It's not very big and there weren't a whole lot of people when we went so the kids could go on several rides many times without waiting in line. Staff is all friendly and helpful with the smaller kids. My older boys loved the rock-climbing wall especially. Great price to go on Tuesdays and Thursdays after 4pm.

Visited July 2013
chitown
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“grandparents delight”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

It's someplace you can take your young grandchildren for fun based on them!!
you only pay for the children- adults are free
age group for children are 1 thru 9
rides are hands on- from hand paddle boats to hand powered train cars
slides of all sizes from little minis to riding down on burlap
all kinds of things to climb on including climbing a mountain
you can bring your own food or buy from there and eat in picnic areas
plenty of shade to be found.
it's well maintained and run well
great fun for all.

Visited June 2013
Lake Zurich, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun at Pirate`s Cove”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Pirate`s Cove is a great place for golfing, go karts, a water park, and much more. Makes a great weekend family outing. Go soon!

1 Thank Will S