“Worst Experience Ever”

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Roseville, Minnesota, United States
“Worst Experience Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I booked a Standard Hotel Room 2 weeks ahead. I confirmed the reservation 1 week ahead of time. I showed up at the hotel on the day of booking. They gave me the room but I ran in to multiple issues:
1. Running Toilet. Front Desk said no one to repair
2. Not a standard room and the room was for "Special Need" People. My confirmation clearly said 1 Standard Non Smoking Room.
3. Room Smelled like chemicals
I asked for a different room but they said nothing is available.
I am 400 miles away from my home, in middle of night and no where else to go. I called booking company and they found me a different hotel where I ended up paying double than the actual amount.
Now the hotel is charging me plenty and is refusing me to refund for 1 out of 2 nights.
I called multiple time and asked for a manager but they said no every time and transferred me to her voice-mail which is full.

Room Tip: Do not trust this hotel and stay away from it. They will screw you up
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Shannon E, General Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your room. After reviewing your reservation, you indeed booked a standard room non smoking which was granted to you upon your arrival. Our maintenance engineer checked on the running toilet and it was repaired. Thank you for letting us know as we are always striving to make our hotel a “home away from home”. We would love the opportunity to have you visit us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I enjoyed my stay. For the Price, It was very good. I don't understand why others complain about breakfast and atmosphere! you get what you pay for. How much are you expecting to pay for a clean room, complimentary breakfast ( If the supplies are low or out because you arrive right before the time is up, then ask for some more or be quiet) friendly staff, clean sheets, towels , shampoo ,,,,,,,,??!!!
I will stay here on my next visit and recommend it to my savvvy friends

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Well I have to say, I enjoyed reading your review! Thank you for taking the time to write one, we know your time is valuable. We are delighted to hear that we are a great value; we strive to be the “best Value under the Sun”. For you to recommend us to your savvy friends means the world to us!
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Shannon Esposito, the GM, is worthless, in my opinion.
It all starts at the top, and with a leader like her, they won't last long.
I'm not sure when, in the travelers dictionary,
continental breakfast meant 'crappy & preprocessed box food available until
it runs out', but that seems to be the case here.
The key cards work intermittently, just like the wi fi. find another hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yepper6
Shannon E, General Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we value all opinions and take them very seriously. Our complementary breakfast offers a variety of fresh bagels, waffles and assorted fresh breads. For guest who would like to relax, we offer hot oatmeal, cereal and fresh fruit. We are always making improvements and would be delighted have you come back and for a more rewarding experience that I’m sure we can provide.

Travelers are raving about these Elk Grove Village hotels

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I booked a room in this hotel for one night, and asked for a non-smoking one. When I came in the evening, a woman at the front desk gave us keys, and my wife went directly there. She came back while I was still at the front desk only to tell that the room had a terrible smoking smell. My wife couldn't even stay there, she has asthma and is allergic to smoke.

I asked the front desk girl what was going on. She responded that she knew that it is a smoking room, but she does not have any non-smoking room at the moment. She stated that since our reservation says only "prefered non-smoking", she may give us any room she wants.
I asked her why she did not call us beforehand about it, and she blantly refused to answer.

Finally, I asked the girl at the front desk to cancel the reservation, but she refused to do it, and said that I have to talk to the manager next day.

I had to give up the room and leave.

I called the manager next day only to learn that she is not going to reimburse me anything.

To sum it up, I was left without a room in the middle of the night and had to find another hotel. The Days Inn refused to give me a nonsmoking room I asked but took the money for the room I did not use. I cannot call it anything, but a fraud.

Room Tip: avoid this hotel. If you must stay here, call it before you come to check that they will give you ex...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Shannon E, General Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We go to great lengths to make sure that our guests are comfortable. You sure did get a great rate on booking.com and we appreciate your business. When you book through a third party, you may choose your room type and you may ask for non smoking if available. When you checked in we no longer had non smoking available. I suggest calling the hotel directly and booking your room so your guaranteed the non smoking room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Ha...
#10 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Ai...
#6 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson,...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Motel 6 Elk Grove Village? Share your experiences!