“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Caledon, Canada
“Great Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stay at the Days Inn in Elk Grove Village, Illinois twice a month. Shannon Esposito, General Manager and Ivette Santiago have excellent customer service skills. They are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. We are always greeted in a friendly manner upon our arrival and throughout our stay. Both ladies always ask if there is anything we need. We have stayed in numerous hotels and both Shannon and Ivette are up there on our list of excellent hotel staff.

The breakfast area is warm and inviting.

An issue I have with this specific hotel is there are no microwaves or small fridges in the rooms and it would be great to have these two amenities in our room. The bathrooms are small.

Shannon and Ivette, keep up the good work, you are both an asset to the hotel.

Room Tip: We prefer rooms on the main floor with a king size bed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

When we arrived, the guy on the front desk was pleasant and helpful. The room was big enough and clean, with plenty of towels for two people.
There was no issue with the wifi, as we had been told how to connect, when we checked in.
Breakfast was good, with a choice of cereal, baked goods and juice.
It was easy to get into Chicago, from here. The only downside with the location was, that it's not the easiest route from O'Hare Airport, but the hotel can't be held responsible for construction work on the roads!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Shannon E, General Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you have taken the time to write such a wonderful review. Thank you for your kind words regarding the Days Inn. We take great pride in our hotel from the cleanness of our rooms to our complimentary breakfast and WIFI. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've usually had decent luck with the Days Inn. They aren't fancy or anything, but they usually have free parking, wireless and breakfast, and are decently clean and comfortable for the price. As such, I didn't think twice about booking with them for two nights for a trip this past weekend, particularly given the cost.

When we first arrived, we were put in a room with a double bed instead of a king, which we had booked. No big deal, I go to the front desk to let them know. The woman at the front desk quickly reassigned us to a room with a king size bed. It was only the next morning that we discovered it was a pretty poor room-- almost directly across from the breakfast room, and right beside the laundry/cleaning room, which had some sort of machine that started like an old car revving on and off the whole morning. This was especially noisy given the very, very thin walls (we could hear the full conversations of the people on the other side of us). At first we thought this choice of room was a coincidence...

After unpacking, we went to sit on our bed, and I discovered that there was some weird brown chunky/crusty stuff on the bedspread. It wasn't exactly clear what it was, but not something I relished having on my bed. As such, I called the front desk, and asked for a new comforter. We didn't ask for them to make the bed over again for us or anything-- I just traded bedspreads at the door with the front desk worker. I triple checked-- the new comforter is spotless.

The next day, we are gone until around 10pm. Our room appears nicely cleaned when we return. We come back and get ready for bed. It is only then that we notice that our clean comforter has been replaced... with the dirty, stained comforter from before. It literally had the EXACT SAME brown chunky marks in the EXACT same place-- it had just been put on the bed upside down.

While I hate to sounds paranoid, I can't think of any reason that bedspread (which was very clearly unwashed) would end up back on our bed. I changed it to a clean bedspread myself the night before-- and it was definitely replaced with the exact same dirty bedspread we requested to have removed. Between that and us getting put into a room right beside the extremely noisy laundry room when I dared to ask for the room I paid for-- it is becoming a little clear that a particular staff member at the Days Inn isn't a fan of anyone making any requests of them. It seems pretty darn spiteful to put a dirty bedspread back in our room- were they assuming that we would not notice? Was there some extra satisfaction believing that we were sleeping with a dirty bedspread, because we had the gall to ask for a clean one?

Add all of this to a dated, noisy room, with a subpar breakfast, no conditioner or lotion in the rooms, and a hallway that smells of smoke-- no thanks. I'd encourage you to stay anywhere else in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are dismayed at your unpleasant stay with us. Our housekeeping staff are one of the best and they make sure that the sheets and blankets are always fresh and clean. All rooms are stocked with complementary toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, soap ect. As well as the complementary breakfast that has items to start your day out right. We encourage you to give us a chance to show you that your experience with the Days Inn can be delightful.

Travelers are raving about these Elk Grove Village hotels

Hawthorne, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I usually do a lot of research before booking a hotel so I cannot understand why I ended up choosing this one. Maybe it was a mistake. I am on a road-trip with my bf around the the country from New Jersey. Our first stop was Chicago. I booked the hotel with Venere.com, which listed the hotel in Chicago, but it is really 30+ minutes outside of the city.

We were tired from driving and were looking forward to getting to our room, but check-in didn't go very smoothly. First of all, I had to sign an authorization form for $35, which was confusing because the booking website charged me $52, so next time I will definitely attempt booking through Days Inn themselves first. Then, the young front desk lady couldn't activate our room keys because the machine is glitchy. It was no fault of her own. She was actually very nice, helpful, and informative (Days Inn, get her a new machine so she doesn't have to struggle. Make everyone's life easier, please!!). Besides the machine, everything else in the hotel needs to be updated!! The button lights in the elevator that illuminate the floor numbers were broken, the carpet in the hotel room was so dirty (my new socks were stained black on the bottom), the bathmat in the tub had black mold around it, and the walls are paper thin. I thought I was going to fall into a deep sleep after having driven so much and then done site-seeing, but I woke up so many times throughout the night because the people in the room next door were so loud having a party and whatever else they were doing in there. I'm sure there are other hotels in the area or closer to the city that are a better deal.

On a positive side, the room was pretty spacious. Our room had a little sitting area in it next to the window.

Room Tip: Try booking through Days Inn themselves. Would have been about $15 cheaper if I had.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, General Manager at Motel 6 Elk Grove Village, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
We know how valuable your time is so thank you for taking the time to write a review. Many of our guests enjoy their stay with us because of the affordability and for the fact that you can drive or take a train to the city and not pay the higher costs. I’m glad that our front desk agent was helpful to you and want you to know that we have another key maker on the way! Please let us know when your travels bring you this way again, we would be delighted to have you and your BF stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Ha...
#10 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Ai...
#6 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson,...
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Motel 6 Elk Grove Village? Share your experiences!