“Excellent food, great value”

Good Tequila's Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Excellent food, great value”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family stumbled upon Good Tequila's when staying in the area. My husband's Mexican, so we can be picky when it comes to Mexican restaurants. The decor is festive, the service is excellent, the food is tasty and priced well. The chicken chipotle soup was given to all as a starter, along with the chips and salsa. Both were a great way to start off the meal. My hubby was happy with his burrito loco (all types of meat) and I enjoyed my enchiladas supremas. I would definitely return when in the area again.

• Visited October 2012

Itasca, Illinois
“Worth the visit if you have a coupon”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I went to dinner here one Saturday night and it was essentially empty. The decor is, well, hard to describe.. unique and brightly colored will do for now. The service was ok and the food was decent.. average as the rating describes above. We had a buy one entree get one free coupon which made the visit or else I would not have gone in the first place. Without another coupon, I would not go back, not because its horrible but because there are better options in the area for Mexican food.

• Visited September 2012
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Great value”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We like this restaurant - they also have restaurant.com deals. The servers are friendly, the kitchen adapts to special requests and the food is good!

Visited June 2012
Schaumburg, Illinois
“The sauce that makes all the difference”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Great atmosphere, hidden inside a strip mall in Elk Grove village. The Tequilas are good and healthy sized glasses and the chips/salsa you receive when you walk in the door is refilled frequently.
I enjoyed the Nachos El Carbone - which combines shrimp, chicken and steak with a combination of cheeses and a delicious sauce that just sets this dish apart....I've tried for weeks to get them share that secret sauce recipe to no avail. All of the meats are tender and juicy not rubbery including the shrimp which was cooked to perfection with a great subtle spice. They serve this as an appetizer but I am always so full after them, that it is pointless to continue on to another meal. My fiance enjoys the Shrimp Chimmichangas which are loaded with full sized and perfectly prepared shrimp and more of that delicious cheese sauce. So good that we both are planning another trip even though as I write this it is only 5:47 in the morning.
The soup which comes with the meal is wonderful - full of flavor and obviously everything is Chef inspired. It is never crowded, they have alfresco dining during the warmer days and there is always ample parking. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank bloomingrails
Elk Grove Village IL
“GREAT food”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Visited with my wife on a whim. Pretty empty at 8pm midweek. Ordered, as I always do at Mexican restuarants, combo fajitas. Normally they come with chicken, beef and shrimp. At GTMG they also came with churizo (sausage) and mushrooms. Mushrooms in a Mexican dish?? Unheard of BUT really, really tasty. Prices average. We'll be back

• Visited September 2011