“Great hotel, great service!”

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel, great service!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel last week and had a great experience. It was clean, comfortable, and the staff was always friendly and helpful. The location was great for our needs and we got a good deal on it through Priceline.

We had a regular non-smoking room with one queen bed and it was pretty small. It was fine for us, so I'm not complaining, I just thought it's worth noting to other travelers. There was only a few feet of space on either side of the bed and not really anywhere to sit except for the desk and the window seat, so if you need more space than that, maybe spring for a double room or a suite. We found the room to be fine though.

We couldn't really get the WiFi to work, but that was pretty much the only negative thing about our stay.

Overall, it was a great hotel and I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
hojoohare, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your reviews. We are happy that our staff, room and location meets your requirements, and makes it easy for your stay. We appreciate your comments, and your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Alaska
Reviewed May 31, 2013

After our last trip we decided to stay at Howard Johnson's, it looked like a clean hotel from the exterior. When we got into our room we noticed that the carpet was sticky and dirty; our socks and feet turned black due to the condition. Going into the bathroom I discovered a live cock roach on the wall and killed it. Next time we're going somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your posting. We apologize for your inconveniences. However, the motel's rooms are accurate as to the photos provided on the website. Our staff ensures to have clean rooms to accommodate our guest stay. We appreciate your comments, and thank you for your stay.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have stayed before and will stay again. This is your typical HOJO . But not typical in a bad way. This place is always clean and comfortable. Free breakfast. Plenty of free parking. I found it easy to get to. It's on a major road; Ill St Highway 72 ( Higgins Rd ) . I am from Chicago. It is across the street from McDonalds and close to other fast food joints.

Room Tip: Have paid and have also used my Wyndham Rewards points. Nine times out ten I book weekdays to get th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your reviews. We are happy that our location meets your requirements, and makes it easy for your stay. We appreciate your loyalty and your business.
Miami
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is located near Ohare Airport and is close to I90 into Chicago as well as public transportation. Prices are extremely reasonable for the Chicago area and the room was comfortable. Initially, we were in a corner room (321), but the internet connection was terrible. I spoke with the front desk and they directed me to tech support. When the issue could not be promptly resolved, we were moved to a suite on the first floor that had much better (but still not optimal) internet service.

There is free breakfast from 6-9am and the service staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate all of your good comments about your stay. We are glad the issue with internet was resolved promptly. We thank you for staying with us, and hope to see you in the future.
Chicago
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have seen thos hotel for some time now and the outside always looks clean and enviting. But I tend to stay at the Baymont where the staff literally knows my name. However this time I figured I'd spend some points and try it out. And WOW! the room was a cozy in size and the walls are a bit thinner than my usual Baymont, but clean and the layout was like a minature luxury suite! I will totally be back here again and maybe this staff too will learn my name.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your posting! We appreciate all your compliments in regards to your overall stay here at our motel. We will always try to improve your stay and thank you for your posting.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Air...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Hare
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village - O'Ha...
#10 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Airport
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Ai...
#6 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village
#11 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#2 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare? Share your experiences!