Spent two nights in October using point breaks (yay!).
Pro's: Internet was simple, fast. Bathroom had been updated. Micro/fridge in room. Ice down the hall. Front desk clerks were very cordial. Close to O'Hare (with the occasional plane overhead - not a bother at all). Easy drives to Woodfield Mall-Schaumburg and Elmhurst. Restaurant attached featured a decent menu and prices (we did not dine there, though). Enough cable channels. Wood furniture in good condition. Pool area looked inviting (we did not take advantage of that). Parking near entrances available. Keycards required for entrance. Room and public areas were clean.
Con's (to varying degrees): Odd location. Room overlooked trucking lot. Walls a bit thin (could hear folks next door laughing after midnight - we just turned up the radio). Hallways somewhat dreary. Room attendants rather blank. Pillows waaaaay small. Bed very soft with sinkhole in the middle. Upholstered furniture and carpeting showed some wear. Heat unit in wall made noise and clicked on then off abruptly. No breakfast (I know, it's a HI, not a HIX!). Only one soap bar provided. Hair dryer stopped in mid-dry; had to fiddle with it to get it functioning again. One of our keycards did not work.
Overall: Primarily due to cleanliness and proximity to our desired locales, and the fact that we only utilized the hotel to sleep, we'd stay again, but only on point breaks or a very reduced price. I'd only recommend it to a friend who was also just using it for sleep and proximity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village, Illinois. We are minutes away from O'Hare International Airport (ORD) in the heart of the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. Our award winning associates are ready to ensure your stay with us is a success. We offer shuttle service to and from O Hare (6:00am to 10:30pm) for only $5.00 per person/per trip, as well as complimentary transportation within a 5 mile radius of the hotel (including Woodfield Shopping Center). We also within walking distance to easy public transportation to Downtown Chicago. Our friendly staff and clean rooms offer efficient work space complimented by free ultra fast high-speed wireless Internet. Our dining options include a visit to Shelby Campbell's restaurant attached to the hotel featuring our new full menu. Known for local favorites like our chili, pizza, and newly added lobster mac N cheese, Shelby Campbell's still offers the famous Shelby Steak and pork chop, and is also available for room service. We look forward to you checking in with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Reservation Counter, Orbitz, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove Hotel Elk Grove Village
- Holiday Inn Elk Grove Village
- Elk Grove Village Holiday Inn