“Second visit here.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Newcastle upon tyne
“Second visit here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

my second visit to this hotel, first was 2011. This stay was better than first time, check in staff were very nice to us and pointed out all things which we needed to know. Hotel room was very nice, clean and without problem. Free breakfast was great, coffee juice and usual breakfast things. Outdoor Pool. Short drive to woodfield mall. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Looks like most of hotel was being refurbished while we were there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Was expecting to drive to airport and pay for parking or $25 cab from hotel. As I was checking out she mentioned the free shuttle for guests. But the best part for $20 I can park here, take free shuttle and have no worries. There is a White Castle, hibachi buffet, McDonalds, Subway right within walking distance. There is also a gay bar across street. Woodfield mall is just a few miles away. HD cable in rooms with plenty of channels. They are renovating hotel but the low rate helps

• Stayed September 2013
Springboro, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The rooms were, tiny, drab, and dingy. If you do need to stay here, at least the airport noise was not a problem. The room they use for breakfast is far too small but maybe that will improve as they are renovating. The shuttle service was first come first serve with no guarantee that your entire party could ride together. It was so busy the morning that we wanted to use it that we would have had to wait until 11 to be able to use it.

Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This airport is about a 20-25 minute shuttle ride from O'Hare. The shuttle was over-full and we waited 20 minutes for it to get to the airport after endless calls to the front desk for the shuttle service, of which, they did not answer the phone. The shuttle was over-full and guests left at the airport for another shuttle to come. People were very unhappy. The following day the 10:00 shuttle we signed up for was also full and we were not able to get back to the airport on this shuttle. We waited an additional 15-20 min to be picked up. The hotel itself was okay. Not the best LaQuita I've stayed at.... little run down and okay on cleanliness. I would not recommend this particular LaQuinta nor stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brookline
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We requested an Executive King room since we needed a refrigerator. The room is spacious and bathroom had ample space. Room and bathroom are clean and hallways are also clean. There were enough washers and dryers although we didn’t need to use them. Breakfast offered a variety of both hot and cold foods as well as fresh fruits. If you returned after 10pm, most likely have to drive around to look for a parking space during the high season.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Price for "stay and go" meaning leaving car there while you are on vacation was great deal. Room was in need of repair and had awful odor. Even after asking for air freshener (which was never provided, despite front desk saying they would be right down) . Noisy hotel, poor planning for shuttle, was late to airport even though I planned ahead so I would arrive 2 hours before my flight I only ended up with 45 minutes before the plane boarding. Wouldn't recommend hotel for early morning flights!

Room Tip: Not sure, I thought all rooms were suites (as name implies) but was told "stay and go" roo...
Bettendorf
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family and I made a trip to Chicago for comic con. It was last minute so I jumped on my computer and started looking for a hotel to state in the night before. They had a pretty good rating and very fair price, plus it was close to the convention center. We arrived around 1am check in was fast. We parked on the side of the building where the lighting was very yellow and kind of creepy. I got my family of five settled down and attempted to go try and sleep. The room was very clean however there was constant commotion in the hallway through the entire night. I asked front desk for more pillows and was told there were no extra pillows. After a sleepless night I wake up and I get a phone call not long after that my vehicle had been ticketed and was going to be towed. I did raise my voice asking why would my ca be towed? I was staying there. natrualy i freaked out hung up and went to move my car. Now mind you when I parked late the night I was between two other vehicles. Turns out it was a fire lane with very worn away markings and signs the same color of the building which was yellow and then I saw the no parking sign which just happened to be painted over with yellow paint that matched the color of the building! I didn't see the markings because other vehicles were there and the markings were very faded annd yellow of course. On top of it i was ticketed. I moved my car then went back inside where I was met by the manager accusing me of talking to his employee distastefully, I rolled my eyes told him to give me a break and continued walking on to my room with my husband. The manager continued to follow me threatening that I needed to leave immediately. So I replied in a distasteful way and went to my room he again followed accusing me of using racial slurs. Mind you my children and husband are bi racial (native American and black). My kids were all sitting on the bed getting ready when I entered telling them to pack up, I tried to close the door and the manager kicked the door trying to stop me from closing my door, telling me he was calling the cops. Seriously!!! I could not believe this was happening over me hanging up on his employee. Needless to say we left right away with my children terrified over this man yelling at me and trying to kick the door in. I was actually injured from his actions. I have used this chain before and never had any problems. I will continue to use the chain but never return to this one. My 5 star dropped to 1 star due to confrontational and aggressive management.

2 Thank Branann1981
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elk Grove Village
BEST WESTERN O'Hare/Elk Grove Village Hotel
BEST WESTERN O'Hare/Elk Grove Vi...
#8 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village/O'Hare
Wyndham Garden Elk Grove Village...
#1 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Elk Grove Village O'Hare
Howard Johnson Inn and Suites El...
#9 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
Holiday Inn Chicago Elk Grove
#3 of 14 in Elk Grove Village
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grove
Sheraton Suites Chicago Elk Grov...
#6 of 14 in Elk Grove Village

Been to La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport? Share your experiences!