“Pleasantly surprised after reading the negative reviews!”

La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My family of 4 plus dog do an annual road trip from NH to MN. We chose La Quinta because it is pet friendly and after driving 2/3 of our one-way mileage. We arrived 9:30 pm to a bright, pleasant lobby and friendly staff. Our room was clean and we all slept soundly. I hardly heard a thing from other guests, including the 4-legged variety. My only criticism is that breakfast needs to start earlier; 7 am is too late.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Average hotel, loud air conditioner that cycled on/off every 5 minutes, lots of outside noise when A/C was off are all negatives about my stay here. The worst thing, however, was the staff's inability to start breakfast on time and, even when they did open up the dining room, to be fully ready; neither juice, nor eggs were available.

It might not seem important, but when you're aboutto spend the next eight hours working your butt off, one wants to have a good breakfast. With a tight schedule this La Quinta forced me to stop back in on my way out the door so I could peel and eat their hard boiled eggs in my car on the way to my customer. I won't be back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I checked into this hotel late at night and there was only one person at the front desk. There were a few people waiting and the phone was ringing off the hook. I felt bad for him and had a feeling this was just a preview of how my stay was going to turn out. I checked into our room and the smell of smoke was overwhelming. I quickly went down and requested another room. The man at the desk gave me another room which I went to check out and it smelled even worse. I decided to stick with the original room and the front desk associate happily handed me a bottle of Fabreeze. The room was average, nothing to write home about. The place was a little worn and needed some TLC. The tiles were chipped in the bathroom, the tub had cigarette burns on it, the corners of the floor were dirty but I suppose it could have been worse. There were plenty of towels and at least they were clean. After the first day in the room I noticed the bottoms of my socks were filthy, the carpet was so dirty it made me uncomfortable. I went to the front desk and asked if they could clean the carpet; surprisingly they said they would. The breakfast was kind of sad; they stop serving at 9am. The only hot item they have is make your own waffles. They had cold cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bagels and juice. You have to get there quick though, it goes fast and the room gets packed quickly. It’s easier to just go across the street to the McDonalds. The ice machine on the 3rd floor didn’t work so I had to keep going up and down the stairs to the 2nd floor for ice. This was not much fun because the stairwells smelled like onion rings and french fries. They provided free wireless Internet, which was nice. There are a few restaurants nearby and all in all it was ok. I don’t think I would stay here again because there are other hotels very close by that were nicer.

A TripAdvisor Member
Warsaw, Missouri, USA
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was hesitant on booking here since I depended on the shuttle for my needs. I booked because it was a great value and the parking option we could not pass up. I called and left a message for the General Manager to insure that shuttle service was to par since I knew I would be traveling and I would not have much time to get to my flight with my family, he called me back and clarified the shuttle in its entirety which made me feel better about my decision. When I arrived I had only 4 min to park my car and I was afraid I would miss the shuttle and the General Manager had the shuttle wait for me and even gave us bottle of water and cookies!!! Now thats service!!! On our return we called as instructed from the shuttle center and we waited only 10 minutes before being picked up. When we got back to the hotel we stayed for the night and could not believe how clean the rooms were we had a standard room with 2 beds. The only negative comment I think I have is to change the carpet in the rooms they are old and worn. The level of customer service at this hotel was like no other especially LaQuinta. The clerk at night suggested a place to eat and ordered our food for us, the van driver helped us with bags to our room. This hotel is undergoing a remodel and everything looks nice and there was no hassles even though they were painting the outside of the building. I will stay here over and over as long as I am flying out of O'Hare.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I can honestly say I travel 90 days a year and this was the worst experience I have had in years. It's almost impossible to screw up a 24 hour stay from start to finish like this.

The shuttle at the airport took 45 minutes for them to get me. The room smelled like cigarettes and I tried calling the front desk three times to change the room and nobody answered.

A few hours later I went down to schedule a wake up call for 445am the next morning and of course NOBODY called the next morning. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Horrible....The toilet did not function in our first room and the second room had to be flush several times. The breakfast room is too small, the food very limited and everyday they were out of several items (frustrating!). They errored on my bill by more than $100 and when I inquired why, nobody could explain (hmmmmm). I explained a problem to the front desk manager (jessie?) and he told me to have breakfast, come back and he would have my bill problem solved.....when I returned I discovered he went home and left no messages. They were doing remodeling and the halls were massed with chairs and other furniture everyday. I left messages with the "general manager" and he never returned my calls. Ugh, I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to Arlington Heights or Schaumburg.