La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Madison, Wisconsin
“Meh.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Meh. Everything here was pretty average. Not perfect, but not terrible. Rooms were pretty clean, but customer service was bad. We made a reservation on Park Sleep Fly and met my brother at the hotel that night. Turns out you can only park one car per night, regardless of if you'll actually be sleeping there or not. The whole transaction was shady - the front desk person at first told us we couldn't park or else we would get towed, then somehow magically was able to let us park our car without any license plate information. Do the cops come by and check your parking permit every three hours? Probably not.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Im getting married in a few months so I wanted to find somewhere convenient and close to my banquet hall. My fiance and I went to check out la quinta. After many conversations with the service manager I figured it would be a great place...wrong. when we first walked in we got nothing except "What's up"...not professional whatsoever! Then we ask if we can see a room and he doesn't direct us to the room, all he says is It's "up the stairs"...rude. we saw all 3 rooms and were disgusted by the smell of them, it smelled like mold. On top of it, he was mocking me in front of my fiance! "Meh, meh, meh, I need to know more information." I'm sorry sir, but I would not be treating possible guests like that. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Elk Grove Village hotels

Tulsa
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I got stuck in Chicago due to weather, and I ended up at the La Quinta in Elk Grove. The room was two queens. It was nice and clean. The staff at the desk were nice to deal with.

They have a free shuttle to the airport. You should note that it only leaves hourly (it's about a 20 minute one way) so plan accordingly. The desk had a sign up sheet.

I had to leave early in the morning so I didn't get a chance to try the breakfast.

I got a good rate, and a decent night's sleep, so I was pleased with the results.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel and my room were very clean and nicely kept. The breakfast room was more than convenient if you ran short on time to eat elsewhere. The hotel provided enough options for you to choose from. I recommend this hotel if you are staying near the airport. The price was good and located next to enough options to have lunch or dinner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Pune, India
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We chose this hotel for its location and it served the purpose. It was comfortable and the breakfast was average.we were a big group so it was convenient.The washrooms were really small.The cleaning staff was really nice though as when we checked out one person from our group had forgotten an expensive watch in the room so they informed us when we were about to leave and gave it to us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed June 23, 2013

All of the employees I met were polite and friendly. The location is about 10 miles from ORD, and while long-term parking rates are very reasonable, however the airport shuttle is not very reliable. If you are leaving early in the morning make sure you are in the lobby VERY early as the shuttle often fills up quickly, and then you will have to pay for a cab or wait 30 minutes.
Rooms are clean and in the process of being remodeled. Rooms on the highway side can be noisy. The continental breakfast is fine, but certainly nothing to brag about. I have stayed here a number of times while visiting Chicago for both business and pleasure. It is a short drive to the CTA blue line's Rosemont Station which makes travel into the city easy and affordable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have never written a bad review, but this hotel deserves one. As with all La Quinta's the bed was great and the TV was a good flat screened TV, but the service was terrible. When we arrived we were met at the desk by a man who was in no way friendly...no smiles...nothing. When we asked a question, it was like he was really irritated to answer. Three times during our stay we used the shuttle to the airport to catch the L train to the city. Each time it was 30 min to an hour late. Once the shuttle was there but the driver was an hour away and just gave a quick apology when he arrived. Once at the airport, I called the desk to see if he was coming and she said he was on the way and would be there in 30 minutes. He was there in exactly one hour!! The sign says the shuttle runs hourly until 1:00 a.m. However, it does not. You have to CALL and send for them. They do not automatically come as their sign claims. We stayed here 4 nights and only twice did we have someone half-way friendly at the desk. Also, the breakfast food would run out and not be replenished. The carpet was dirty looking. The sink filled with water and finally, there were 2 electrical outlets did not work on one side of each. If we are ever back in the Chicago area...we will not be staying here again. I am a fan of LaQuinta, but not this one!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple