“Consistantly wonderful!”

La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel was as much a pleasure as all the other La Quintas I have been to. They are always updated and clean with a very friendly staff. I just love that I can book these without worrying.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank TooSmart
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport

Reviewed May 12, 2012

The hotel is what you get for what you paid for. The service is Okay, and the room is clean overall. But the room we had was directly facing the highway, which was very busy even at mid-night. That was the only downside.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason_from_MN
A TripAdvisor Member
West Covina, California, USA
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Very nice overall. very clean room and wonderful services except no eatery nearby. great value for the price we paid, will definitely return here next time we come into town.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed April 18, 2012

All I can say is that it started out bad with the shuttle from the airport.!

I called for the shuttle at 8:19pm. The receptionist said he would be right there, within 30 minutes. I called after 30+ minutes and was told "he will be right there." The shuttle finally arrived at 9:12.
There were many other shuttles services that were there a few times before our driver arrived. (Holiday Inn, Marriott, Comfort Suites, Hyatt, Intercontinental, etc.) Apparently the shuttle runs on the hour. I wish the receptionist would have said that instead of lied.

The hotel was quite a distance from the airport, in an undesirable location.

At check in, the receptionist wanted to charge us an extra $10 because we were a party of 3 (me, my husband and daughter). I had a room booked with double beds. We were catching the shuttle at 5 am, before breakfast was even served, so I did not understand why we were being charged extra. A child staying in the room with parents should not require extra charges. In a double room there are already two beds, 4 towels and 4 hand towels. Nothing extra was needed for the room. Well, she couldn't figure out how to adjust the cost and I was questioning her for an explanation. In the end she gave me the quoted rate that I reserved.

Then, I realized I needed something extra......we forgot shampoo and conditioner. I was told one shampoo per room and the hotel does not have conditioner. We rationed our allotment and survived!

Next problem. We were hungry, but we checked in at after 9:30 pm. I was dark and the area wasn't that great. We saw a McDonald's across the street, but we didn't want to risk it. There were vending machines on each floor. My daughter and husband had a couple bags of cheddar popcorn. Then I was thirsty...soda machine wouldn't take bills so I decided to get a bag of chips so I could get change for soda. My change came out in $1 coins.....soda machine did not accept those. I went to the front desk to get quarters. Then, back up to the soda machine, it wouldn't take the quarters either!!! I gave up and yes, drank water from the faucet!!

I learned a lesson.......pay the extra $20 and stay at the Holiday Inn that is closer to airport and their shuttle runs every 20 minutes!!

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank mschell333
Reviewed April 15, 2012

When I arrived at the airport and called the shuttle the directions were very confusing. I was told to go to door #1. Asked if I had to cross any streets and was told no. If you are arriving at terminal 1 you must go down to door 1F cross over 3 lanes and the Hilton will be on the right and the bus/hotel shuttle station is on the left, there you will find door #1.the shuttles only run hourly so they get to door #1 (the magical door) about 15 min after the hour.
Our entire shuttle bus was full off miffed off people who also felt they had gotten the run around. They should have instructions for each terminal written down so they can give clear instructions to those arriving so the customers who are already tired won't be so angry when they get to the hotel to check in Yikes!

There was no where to really eat except Dunkin Donuts/McDonald's or order take-out. The good news is that right next door a white castle and a Hibachi grill buffet look like they are days away from opening. The Continental breakfast had all the usual's yogurt, cereal, toast & waffles etc. But very nice. My room on the 1st floor was really clean and the beds were wonderful. I would probably stay again knowing what I know now and the new restaurants opening next door. The price was good for Chicago so good layover hotel bout 15 min. from o'Hare.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any of the smoking rooms even If you smoke. (3d floor) plenty of places to get out...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect and I was a little nervous after booking this hotel. This is a busy little hotel. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and so were the shuttle drivers.(
One of the front desk employees is also a shuttle driver for the hotel!) breakfast was just average at best. The have a large outdoor pool but it was the end if march when I stayed. My room was fairly large but in desperate need if remodel! It was so bad it was funny but the room was very clean and had plenty of room. These rooms are from 1980, I hope la quinta remodels this location very soon, the wonderful people who work there deserve to have up to date beautiful rooms. I would reccommend to others and would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We pulled into the hotel and proceeded to check in. The person working got very upset when we told him that the parking lot was full, presumably due to the fact that he preferred to not interrupt his phone conversation. He told us to just park wherever. When getting our room, we noticed a quarter sized dark stain immediately after pulling back our covers on the sheet. We asked for another room, got one but found the other one had a few questionable hairlike substances in the bed again. After giving up, we slept in our jackets. The high point to brag about was the breakfast which was decent. But an associate asked us what they could improve about our stay, and when we mentioned cleaner rooms they just said, "well thank you for your visit."
We also had to wait 90 minutes for a shuttle ride back from the airport, when they told us a couple of minutes.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple