“Close to the airport, far from the fun”

La Quinta Inn Chicago O'Hare Airport
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Elk Grove Village
Jersey City, NJ
“Close to the airport, far from the fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2007

My room was a good size and very clean. I was traveling on business and the location was convenient for my purposes. If I was visiting Chicago for fun, I probably would have stayed closer to Wicker Park or the Downtown area. The desk staff and shuttle drivers were very friendly. I never had to wait to be taken to the Airport/El station! They even dropped me off at a nearby restaurant and picked me up when my meal was through.

• Liked — The VERY accomodating shuttle service
  • Disliked — Once my business was completed, I was far from the areas I wanted to visit
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
1 Thank Shes_Electric

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Springfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2007

Our check-in was relatively quick; which was nice after a long day of sight seeing. We were informed that there would be a continental breakfast in the morning (which is also confirmed on their website).
The room was clean and there were plenty of towels, soap, and the other expected amenities. The television screen produced "green" images since the television had been used so frequently for years by guests. This made me feel like we had rented a room in a trailer as that is the type I would expect to find there, not at a hotel charging $139.99 per night.

The temperature outside was in the mid 80's and the room was a little stuffy. I noticed the air conditioner was already on and I was going to adjust it to high since we were all still uncomfortable. It was quite a disappointment to see that the air conditioning was already on the highest setting! We did not sleep well, as it is difficult to sleep while you are sweating.

Might I add that other problems we ran into was that we requested a wake up call at 9:00 a.m. and never received it! How horrible would that be for someone that needs to catch a flight? Especially considering that this is advertised as the "airport hotel".

We woke up on our own and walked to the lobby and there was no continental breakfast anywhere to be seen...not even coffee! We walked up to the front desk and were told that they were not serving any today.
Now to me, that is unacceptable because many travelers choose a hotel based on its features/ammenities and that was one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. There was no apology from the front desk representative and she offered no explaination as to why a hotel that is almost full would not be offering breakfast on a weekend morning to all of their guests.

We left annoyed and had to head to a McDonalds close by and spent $20 on breakfast that we should have had at our hotel for free (as advertised).

PROS:
good location
room is clean

CONS:
air conditioning is not satisfactory
staff does not take care of their guests (never received wake up call)
No continental breakfast
televisions are very old

• Liked — Comfortable Bed
  • Disliked — No breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank OneDirtyMartini
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2006

I would definately recommend this hotel to travelers. As a matter of fact I am returning with my entire family for a few days around Thanksgiving. The room was large and clean, bed was firm and comfortable, the bathroom had all the expected extras and the extra heavy black-out curtains were a plus. The hotel is right near the airport and busy roads so an open window was not something to add quiet to your room. I don't recall the A/C being loud but some people do let their doors slam so I can't say it was completely quiet. The breakfast had a great selection, not to mention the perfect price, and the desk staff tried hard to be accomodating to our group. We were in town for a family reunion and our group had 6 rooms plus the suite. We were all very happy with our rooms and the hotel. One mix-up occured but it was handled fairly and professionally.

• Liked — The room and breakfast.
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank Carole W
United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2006

Stayed two nights following a 8 hour flight from UK. The shuttle runs every hour to the airport and you can get a train to downtown for $2 from the shuttle stop. We had a problem when the shuttle did not stop to pick us up at the airport the second night and had to wait 11/2 hours for next shuttle . Breakfast was above average.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mealypied
chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2006

Uncomfortable beds, rude desk staff and dirty and dated rooms. Dirty bedclothes, a room door that didn't close without a mighty tug, limited breakfast selections and confusion on when and where to catch the airport shuttle.
Those were the negatives.
The positive: The retired gentleman who drove the shuttle.
We often stay at the Moline LaQuinta, which is a far superior experience.

• Stayed March 2006