“Lou Malnati's Pizzeria Deep Dish Chicago Pizza Experience”

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were asked out to dinner by a friend who was born and raised in the Chicago Area.
The Pizza Restaurant of choice was Lou Malnati's Pizzeria.
Delicious Delicious is all we can say! Travel Channel's pick for best deep dish pizza in Chicago.
Also GREAT for Gluten Free Diners. They Have Gluten Free Pizza.
And it was! No reservations First Come First Serve! Go Early!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I`ve had the fortune to visit this area twice in the last 3 years because it allowed me to be introduced to deep dish pizza ala Chicago style at this particular location. Fair warning; it is so popular, that both times requited an hour wait and the neat thing is it was worth it. They do not take reservations.
The first time, I had the thick deep dish [thick] pizza and recently, I had the thin crust and they`re both winners. They use fresh ingredients and have figured out a recipe for a taste profile unlike any other pizza place I`ve ever frequented.
The place is quite, did I say quite, noisy. For a party of 4 or more, it`s difficult to carry on a conversation but who cares? Just eat and go. Other than a likelihood of over eating, this is the only downside.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This is the best part of visitng Chicago. Always made to perfection. And the restaurant is always clean and service is always on point.
Lines are always long to get seated but its worth the wait.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

When in Elk Grove, do not miss pizza here. You will not find a thin crust like this any where else. The best..

Reviewed August 4, 2013

A bunch of us were working a bike race in town and got back to the hotel late enough that we did not want to go out. Lou Malnati's was recommended so we took the plunge and ordered delivery. We ordered 2 deep dish and one thin crust. The wait of one hour was reasonable for the deep dish pizzas. I must admit that the sauce was wonderful, lively and fresh, some of the best I have had. And the thin crust pizza was quite nice. My huge disappointment was with the deep dish pizzas. The crust was thick, made up most of the volume of the pizza, and worst of all was not cooked through. As nice as the flavor was I couldn't enjoy biting through the sticky soggy raw dough. If based on the other reviews you decide to try them out, stick with the thin crust.