“Our grand kids begged to go back the next night”

Happy Elephant Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The kids loved the chicken satay, peanut sauce & mango smoothies. We enjoyed the spring rolls & pad Thai. Went back the next night ---the kids had a repeat. We had another order of the spring rolls and a ginger, beef, & peppers dish that was so good I had to finish the sauce with my spoon. My husband said it was so good he was eating the green peppers and he always picks them out! The grand kids talked us into teeshirts & wore them on the plane back to Minnesota.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

The food is delicious. It is generally not spicy unless you ask, and then if you want it really spicy, you have to specify THAI spicy, not American spicy. It's a tiny hole the wall sort of place, but clean and comfortable, and the artwork is REALLY well chosen.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The food is very tasty and the menu is adequate. All at reasonable prices. It is not a chain, which makes it even more appealing. I love to support independent restaurants.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We went to this restaurant based on the the reviews and it was amazing. Starting with the spring roll with tofu, the tofu was a little dry but te taste of the overall product was great. They also give you jalapeños to use as a topping. We also tried a curry fried rice with tofu. Also a very good dish with a moderate amount of spice and vegs. The pad Thai was VERY VERY good. I see myself as a pad Thai conisour and it measured up in every way.
The portions are good and the food is authentic Will denifatley be back for more.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I go to Happy Elephant with my family all the time. There is a very friendly couple that owns the Happy Elephant and their staff is also very nice & attentive. The chicken pad thai and lime chicken are my favorite - both are delicious. My dad always gets the panang chicken. The seating area is very small (I think they do a lot of carry out) but the seating area is cute and I usually dine in when we go.

Lunch used to come with soup and one side (egg roll or cucumber salad) but it no longer does. I miss getting both of these items for free - but that is my only complaint!