“Loved it-- Sue and Bruce are so friendly and accomodating.”
Review of River Rose Inn B&B

River Rose Inn B&B
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I recommend this lovely B&B. Very accomodating and comfortable. Clean and fresh in a stately old very big estate-like house. Gorgeous views from several porches and verandas. The pool is an extra treat--and the Margaritas were unexpected. I would come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank coldwoman

Reviewed March 16, 2011

My husband and I drove 14 hours from Washington DC to check the River Rose Inn out as a possible venue for our son's wedding in September. Our hosts, Sue, Bruce and little dog Rosie welcomed us with enthusiasm. Breakfast is delicious. Sue even offered to cater the rehearsal dinner. The house, grounds and view are all marvelous. After the wedding, we envision many more vacations in this lovely spot.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I needed to stay one night in southern Illinois and found the perfect place. My hosts were more than helpful and provided a great place to relax for the night. Breakfast was delicious and my room was comfortable and quiet. Your will be treated with kindness and care. I highly recommend this cute B&B.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Foreveryounger
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My husband I stayed 4 nights. The owners treated us like family and we would gladly stay again. Rates were very reasonable - good value! The pool was nice and quiet and the hot tub was great. Both overlook the Ohio River. Breakfasts were hearty and delicious. This is a great base from which to explore the Eastern side of Shawnee National Forest. There is not a lot to do in the area aside from outdoor activities, so be prepared to slow down and sit back and enjoy the peace and quiet! We also went diving at Mermet Springs quarry about an hour away which was unique and fun.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PeacefulSojourner
Reviewed February 23, 2010

The owners went out of their way to welcome us. We liked it so much we have been back several times. The pool and jacuzzi were relaxing and the house and rooms were great. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting outside my wife watching the river and the boats go by. We look forward to going back there many more times. We had never been so relaxed and rested until we went there. Sue and Bruce are the best.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bjslls1
Reviewed October 20, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the River Rose Inn in Elizabethtown, IL last week. I had mentioned to Sue when I made the reservation that it would be our thirty second anniversary. When we checked into our room, we found a personalized card commemorating our anniversary, and a bottle of Champaign on ice. We have stayed at many other B&Bs for anniversaries in the past but none went to as much trouble to make it special. The room, bed, food, and view of the Ohio River were great. I highly recommend a stay at the River Rose.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Renae_Of_Alhambra
Reviewed August 8, 2006

The River Rose Inn is a great place to stay and see the sights of southern Il. The pool and hot tub made for relaxing afternoons. The breakfast was great and Sue will gladly share her receipes.
The owners went out of their way to welcome us and made sure that our stay was perfect.
Have a glass of wine on the proch and watch the river roll by.

2  Thank bed&breakfastfans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabethtown
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Elizabethtown
Super 8 Harrisburg
Super 8 Harrisburg
#3 of 3 in Harrisburg

Been to River Rose Inn B&B? Share your experiences!