“Dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bloomington, Illinois
“Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Very Good, portions big! River fish and their shrimp :) Yummy! Very cool place, would most definitely go back if ever in area again. Great Service!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kbean3

Byron, Illinois
“Catfish, catfish, catfish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is a fun place to eat and their catfish is great! We enjoyed eating on the outside pontoon. The Ohio was a bit flooded but they still had it open. The food was very good and the fish was fresh. The service was good as our "waitress" came out to check on us often even though we were the only ones outside.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago, IL
“Unique setting, excellent catfish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Let me start by saying that I do not like or eat catfish. Ever. For any reason. We were staying in town and went because my husband loves catfish, and I assumed there would be plentiful other options. There were not, so, when in Rome...

We wanted to try the 'river' catfish, but they were all out, and so we got the 'pond' instead. It was out of this world delicious! We spoke to several locals and found it funny that they all said that they always order the pond catfish, because living on the river, they wouldn't eat fish out of it!

We did have a few hiccups in our experience.

When we arrived, the inside was packed and staff weren't really helpful. We had planned on eating on the two story outside area directly adjacent to the 'inside' restaurant and asked if we needed to order inside. We were told yes, so while my husband waited in line to do so, I went outside to find a table. The server for the outside area told me that all of the tables upstairs were 'reserved' so we sat downstairs. I'm pretty certain she just didn't want to run up and down the stairs, because no one ever took the tables in question.

So yeah, there WAS table service and we didn't have to order inside--despite being told otherwise. Nice.

The server was straight up surly, unpleasant and SLOW. Not just to us, but to everyone. While waiting for our food, two couples who were visiting/staying in town got up and left because of poor service. Maybe it was a good thing that we ordered inside!

We were told by locals that the restaurant doesn't serve alcohol but that you can BYO. We took a beer to have with the meal and everyone looked at us like we were from Mars (which, in fairness, we might as well be, since we're obviously not local!) and talked about people drinking beer (right in front of us!) like it was some shameful thing. Strange, but whatever.

Also interesting was that one side of the walkway to the outdoor seating area was flooded, but there was an alternate 'dry shoes' route, too.

Overall I'd absolutely return for the catfish, as it was seriously amazing. We also enjoyed being able to sit outside on the river and watch the world go by. Despite all of that, I think the management would do well to work with their staff on being friendly.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank BusinessTraveler04
Greenville, IL
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice restaurant floating right on the river... The fresh catch river catfish was good... The shrimp was good to... Stayed across the street, so was very convenient to walk to the restaurant...

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank bluestreak95
IL.
“Rollin' on the river eatin' good fish !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Took advantage of some great motorcycle riding weather and my wife and I rode 140 miles to try the Etown restaraunt for our first time. They have some of the best dang catfish i've ever ate anywhere. We had the river catfish which is fresh caught right there from the river. Has great taste ! Good sides too and they serve other things too if fish isn't your thing. It's right on the river and I don't mean along the river, but RIGHT ON the river and they have double decker outdoor seating too along with the indoor. Enjoyed watching the boats go by as we ate !Will for sure be going back on a future ride !

• Visited August 2013