“Awesome Getaway!”

Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed in the White Oak Treehouse for one night and did so much in a short amount of time that it felt like a full weekend of fun and relaxation. We drove a short distance to a couple of hiking trails and even seen the sunset while sitting in the Garden of the Gods. Amazing place! We cooked burgers on the grill just outside of the tree house and made a fire in the fire ring at night. It was a perfect getaway that i won't soon forget.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stayed in a treehouse with my 21 year old daughter and her bestie for two days. We had a terrific time. The tree house was cozy, fun, relaxing, and equipped with everything we needed from kitchen gear to bedding. The local scenery was amazing and easy to get to. The staff were friendly and helpful. This was a nice combination of hiking and staying in pleasant, novel accommodations. We all had a great time!

Room Tip: The cabins are nice, but go for a tree house.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was the second time my husband and I came to Timber Ridge, and we were not disappointed! Although it was too cold to take advantage of archery lessons this time, we enjoyed a quiet and cozy weekend cooking in the treehouse, relaxing on the patio and around the campfire, and hiking in the surrounding parks. The treehouse is comfortable, well-designed and a great home away from home.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Hickory Hollow Cabin at Timber Ridge Outpost on March 2, 2014. It was the most AMAZING cabin! The thoughtfulness that went into the cabin was obvious at every turn. From the cabin decor, to the high end hotel accommodations. Elizabeth and Marty have thought of everything you might need. The cabin was extraordinarily charming. The comfort level of the cabin and it's amenities were beyond measure. An ice storm blew in and was expected to carry up to an inch of ice and we had to rush out to ensure that we did not get iced in. We were so sorry to have to leave! We are already planning to visit again during spring break! We loved our visit and we enjoyed what little time we had there immensely! Thank you Elizabeth and Marty and Timber Ridge Outpost. Your hospitality was deeply appreciated!

Room Tip: Bring cash if you plan to shop in the Amish community down the road. We forgot and they dont take ca...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca M
TimberRidgeOutpost, Owner at Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words! I can't tell you how much we appreciate it. I see you will be back this week! Can't wait to see you both in a couple days! I've placed an order for 60 degree weather for you this time. Elizabeth :o)

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I brought our 2 dogs down to Timber Ridge for a relaxing weekend. Elizabeth promptly checked us in and made us feel welcomed. It was quiet, relaxing and such a cute little tree house. My dogs had a blast running around the property and we were not looked at rudely for having them off leash (which is half the fun for the dogs!) We took advantage of the recommended "cake lady" who delivered a delicious carrot cake to the tree house for my boyfriends birthday. It was amazing!

The Tree house itself is adorable. We stayed in Maple Oak - the smaller of the 2 tree houses. It had a microwave and a hot plate so we ate well. The fridge was just enough room for our food for the long weekend, but we kept a cooler for drinks on one of the 2 spacious decks.

The tree house was neat and comfortable. The TV was god quality and the wifi was really fast. It is a short trip to some amazing hiking to view the beautiful rock formations of Garden of the Gods and the Lusk Creek area.

The only suggestions I have for the owners is to leave some cleaning supplies, maybe add a crockpot or a toast oven to the kitchen, and add a few more hooks on the wall to hang things. Overall an amazing experience. I will definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TimberRidgeOutpost, Owner at Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

We are so happy to hear that you and your pups enjoyed yourselves so much! That means a lot to us. The cleaning supplies are a great suggestion and an easy fix. Thanks for the good idea! Hope to see you guys again soon! Elizabeth

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start with this wonderful place with outstanding owners (Elizabeth & Marty) Our party consisted of myself, my husband & our 2 american eskimo fur kids.
Our first night we made reservations for the White Oak treehouse. Wow, how many people can say they stayed in a treehouse with all the comforts of home. There was a fresh layer of snow making everything sparkle as we looked out from our birds eye view.
Since White Oak was previously booked for our second night, we moved to the Wonderful cozy & spacious Sassafras cabin. Well, I think I could have made that cabin my new permanent address! Front porch swing, family room, full size kitchen, storage, full size staircase leading to loft that had 3 beds & not to forget the claw foot tub on the first floor! Perfect!!
Being a pet friendly paradise was the icing on the cake. As many will agree, our 2 dogs are truly our family members. I was beyond trilled to have a place we could take our dogs to explore, play, hike & have the time of their life. Now, for those who may not have fur family members, let me assure you; the cabins are kept immaculate. Not to plug travel channel but I am kind of a junkie for the tv show Hotel Impossible. Therefore, when traveling, I automatically go in a place & start my inspection. All i have to say is; "Anthony Melchiorri (host of Hotel Impossible) would be Proud of Timber Ridge cabins & their outstanding hospitality. Well done Elizabeth & Marty"!
I have to admit, when I originally made reservations I did wonder...it is the middle of winter, what are we going to do during our stay. Well, that thought was quickly answered by Marty & Elizabeth. We ate at some fun local places, hiked some beaitiful trails, visited & fed their horses etc. We stayed 4 days/3 nights & quickly ran out of time without getting to 1/2 of our planned activities.
In closing I want to Thank the owners for sharing their facility & making us feel part of your family! We look forward to many more visits & making more memories at Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Maple Oak Treehouse & it was fantastic! We had a wonderful time & it was such a unique experience. The staff is so friendly & amazing! We HIGHLY recommend Timber Ridge Outpost for people of any age and their pets ~ we will definitely return in the Spring & Fall 2014. Thank you for providing us with such an unforgettable weekend in Southern Illinois.

Rod & Julie ~

Room Tip: Maple Oak is a good size for 2-people; would be tight on space for any more than that; enjoy!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
TimberRidgeOutpost, Owner at Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you so much for visiting us and for your kind words. We really do appreciate your business! Hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabethtown
Quality Inn
#3 of 3 in Harrisburg
River Rose Inn B&B
River Rose Inn B&B
#2 of 2 in Elizabethtown

Been to Timber Ridge Outpost & Cabins? Share your experiences!