All reviews deer run these cabins shawnee national forest southern illinois largest cabin clean cabin spent two nights ohio river gods retreat cougar hollow property
Selected filters
Reviewed May 8, 2019

We stayed here last year, nice clean cabin, near all the cool nautre spots in area. Reasonably priced. In Swanee Nat forest close to Ohio river. Hiking is ample. Not crowded. Hidden gem. Cabins is clean and well supplied

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights in their largest cabin, Eagles Retreat; there were 5 of use plus a dog. Very comfortable & everything we would want was there. We brought food & everything down to a potato peeler & big pot for chili was there. It was in the 30’s outside & we were plenty warm inside. Location is near Garden of the Gods & there are some very nice trails on site. I highly recommend.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2018

Rim Rocks Dogwood Cabins Deer Run Cabin ...Dirty: Food left in Microwave. Dirt on Sham of spider webs and some kind of droppings, Kitchen had so much dust on spatula provided to cook with I could write my name in the dust,Grease in the oven from last tenant, dust thick on the curtains, chair for the table in kitchen had paper stuck in the rounds to hold it together, one of our party almost took a spill when it gave way we had to move it to the porch, loft was 3 mattress on floor with candy wraps and dust all round. Shower leaked onto the floor with mold..Grill on floor in small bath was full of hair and debris.. Dirty floor on screened in porch with 2 large spiders.. Outside grill had left over foil with food from last tenant...The grounds around the cabin hadn't been cleaned in some time. After our conversation with the Proprietors.. My thoughts were we would not be having this conversation if you had done your job and cleaned it before you put it online The proprietors said they thought we expected to much... and to think you had this cabin so highly rated online. You need to be turned into the BBB. I have pictures... There was 4 of us in this cabin, all could not believe this, and to think that we paid $165..a night ..The cemetery was at our fence line and that was the only thing that did not bother us...all of us in our party were lovers of the outdoors (nature),and its location was in the beautiful Karbers Ridge area.. What a shame!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank cclas2018
RimRocksCabins, Owner at Rim Rock's Dogwood Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

The management of Rim Rocks Dogwood Cabins takes valid complaints to heart and responds promptly and effectively. We were at the cabin in less than 10 minutes from the time we received notification of her dissatisfaction, which came 72+ hours after checking in and when she was going to pay her balance.
During our inspection with the guest the cabin was very clean, however, we did see a candy wrapper behind a futon on the screened-in porch, a paper towel that was left in a microwave, a pillow that had some dust on it from falling behind the bed and a spider/ spider web on the outside porch. There was also a chair that a previous guest must have tried to fix rather than letting us know that it broke… all the chairs were immediately replaced. While these things are regretful, we do not believe that constituted a demand for $170 credit, a threat of being turned over to the BBB or this harsh review. She asked for the $170 credit after our inspection, we offered her an $85 discount for her displeasure. She accepted our offer. Obviously, that did not satisfy her. If you are here reading this review, please make sure you read additional reviews and you will see that this is the exception, not the rule. We are very confident in the cleanliness of our cabins and our property.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Another enjoyable trip, staying in Eagles Retreat! Wonderful, unique location and pet-friendly too! Great for exploring the garden of the Gods/Shawnee Forest area or just relaxing with a book or movie.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2018

I have stayed at many cabins in my life, and I do believe Eagles Retreat was my favorite of all. Dogwood Cabins are incredibly clean and VERY well stocked. I was shocked to realize I had way over-packed. Most places do not provide you with so many comforts of home. Being so close to so many attractions was wonderful. It was one of the best family get-aways we've ever taken our kids on. I highly recommend Rim Rock's Dogwood Cabins. You won't be disappointed.

Date of stay: May 2018