“Smaller selection but great wines”

Massbach Ridge Winery
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Elizabeth
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I decided to take a road trip to some local wineries near Galena. This was our first stop and the drive out to this place was beautiful. Its kinda out in the middle of nowhere and just has a barn like building surrounded by grape vines. The staff was very friendly. You get to sample 5 wines for $3, so my husband and I both did a tasting so we could sample 10 wines. Very nices experience and ended up buying 2 bottle of wine. Great day :)

1  Thank Jennifer M
"great wine"
in 4 reviews
"galena cellars"
in 3 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"pretty place"
"server"
"glass"
"bloom"

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spend a nice weekend checking out several wineries around the Galena area. It's not Napa but a lot of fun with close friends.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stopped at the winery on Main St in Galena and had a couple of glasses of wine, plus bought a couple of bottles. The wine was great, the price for the bottles was not bad. Cute place!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I spent a night in Galena with my girls, and we stopped at the Massbach Ridge Winery on the way back home to Chicago. The winery is a little bit of a drive away from US20, but the rewards are gorgeous rolling hills and scenic views. We visited Massbach for a wine tasting and pre-harvest festival. The staff was very friendly and willing to help us pick the best wines to try. Since I was the driver, I did not drink; the staff offered me non-alcoholic beverages at no cost. Pretty nice of them! We also were able to take a hayride through the vineyard with a staff narrating the tour. I recommend stopping by if you get the chance!

1  Thank SweetSunshine7
See more reviews
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We are frequent visitors to Massbach Ridge Winery. We love the beauty of the location, friendliness of the owners/staff, and of course, THE WINE - so many award-winning varieties at very reasonable prices. The Harmston family puts their heart and soul into each bottle. Do NOT pass Massbach Ridge!