“Great View at The View Motel”
Review of The View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elizabeth
The View Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed here over the weekend and were pleasantly surprised. This is the type of motel that you stayed in when you were a kid on a family vacation. The rooms were very clean and neat and the hospitality was superb! Each of us received a beverage when we checked in (beer or wine) and the prices were very reasonable. They provided us with a bon fire and s'mores in the evening and had a cooler outside to hold our beverages along with music to enjoy. Now, if you are looking for a luxury hotel, this is for you, but if you are looking for a inexpensive, clean place for the night with excellent service, then this is for you!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denise D

Reviewed June 18, 2013

A very big Thanks to Andy and Joyce for making our Anniversary so special. You couldn't find 2 better hosts to help you enjoy your getaway or special occasion. I like the fact that they put aside trying to squeeze every dollar they can by dedicating one of their few rooms as a community area with a microwave, a large fridge and info about attractions and restaurants in the area. Easily the most affordable place to stay for how good the quality is. "The View" truly does deliver on it's name as you can see for miles in multiple directions. Ask about all the interesting decor outside of the motel, there's a story behind them all. Don't forget to roast some dogs and marshmellows as you enjoy some cocktails at their nightly bon fire , as the sign says at the check-in entrance " It's Martini Time". Say hello to their big cat "Kitty". Can't wait to get back next year.

Room Tip: There is a Honeymoon type suite for a reasonable fee but we were quite happy with a normal room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I'm going to start right now by saying I have not one bad word to say about this place. Andy and Joyce are truly amazing people who were born to host guests. I won't bore you with superlative I'll just get down to details.
Each year I travel three hours from the rough and tumble asphalt jungle that is Chicago to the blissful, beautiful hill country that is Galena to torture myself with the Galena triathlon. My first time I stayed in one of those big vacation houses with a group of people. Though fun, as an only child that group thang just ain't my style. This year I booked a room at the View Motel. The second I talked to Andy I knew I'd picked the right place. He assured me the Motel wasn't far from the triathlon and that all his rooms were booked because of it. I arrived late in the evening and Andy and Joyce were there to greet me. I inquired about where I could buy bottle water, and Andy said, "We have some. How many do you need?" I said six. He said, "Well, how about we charge you for three and give you six?" Then he got a cooler for me and filled it with ice so I could keep the water cold.(The motel has a communal fridge but not individual fridges in the rooms). Then Andy said since I was staying two nights instead of one I got a free glass of wine. Perfect. He showed me to my room. I had two huge double beds, flat screen television, wireless Internet, a great bathroom, plenty of towels and air conditioning that worked really well. The room was clean, spacious and smelled wonderful.
Andy and Joyce also recommended an excellent restaurant and we had an after dinner drink listening to Frank Sinatra in the front driveway. It was quaint, a bit quirky and totally lovely. I do not hesitate for a second to recommend the View Motel, definitely a paradise for travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ovetta S
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had a very nice time at "The View". Andy and Joyce were very welcoming. They contacted our group "leader" and told us to tell them what we would be drinking that evening. Sure enough, we pulled in, and after a quick review from Andy, a speedy check-in, our drinks were waiting in a cooler on ice, just like we had ordered. They had a very nice fire going. A very clean place, black-topped parking lot (which was wonderful for our motorcycles), clean rooms, etc. We would definitely stay there again, if ever in the area. They really take pride in the business they run. Good job, Andy and Joyce.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mfeuchtfamily
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Owners were extremely helpful, warm and hospitable during our stay. There are no negatives about this place. The hotel makes for a great country getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city. The view all around the hotel was beautiful and the location was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stay at the view two nights. The room was very clean and nice. While not fancy everything right down to the trim and soft towels were very well done. On the day I was leaving the owners even shared their coffee right out of there own coffee pot to save me some time. The View hotel is very friendly and nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just left from spending two nights at The View. We were extremely pleased with the comfort, cleanliness, and courtesy at The View. Andy and Joyce are rightfully proud of the outstanding establishment they have built. Andy and Joyce make you feel so welcome. We would definitely recommend The View for anyone that wants to stay at a clean motel at a great price. The evening campifire was enjoyable, too.
Tom and Ruth Ann Finley
p.s. At the bottom I marked "excellent" for the swimming pool. There is no pool. I tried to get that off but the system wouldn't let me.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thomas F

Been to The View Motel? Share your experiences!