“GARBAGE!”

El Faro
Ranked #102 of 187 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The worst place I have ever tried to have breakfast in. Bad service, dirty utensils, disgusting food and horrible atmosphere. I love Mexican food and this so called restaurant brings Mexican food to shame. I have meant to share these thoughts sooner but unfortunately I was incapable of writing a review through my phone. I hope this helps in your decision.

1  Thank mark s
There are newer reviews for El Faro

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Delicious burritos, tacos, etc. I love their specials and their choices of salsas. Fits our entire family's tastes. Authentic - not Taco Bell. And the servings are more than plentiful

1  Thank Mommaof5kiddos
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We travel from Rochester Hills M to Rochester MN often. This is a must stop. Found it a few years ago and never miss it. Try the pastries next door for a great Mexican treat. Enchiladas are great and try the Puerco Gasada.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

El Faro is a good authentic place to get Mexican food..they have pretty fast service and the size of the food is huge.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Their burritos are pretty amazing, huge and for a really decent price. Do not go in expecting Taco Bell, much more authentic. I've eaten at all of El Faro's locations since the mid 1990's, never disappointed. Yes, you will occasionally get a small chicken bone or something, that's the price you pay for authentic. It definitely helps to know a little spanglish depending on who is working, but usually not required.

Been to El Faro? Share your experiences!