“Best Mexican on Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
El Faro
Ranked #92 of 188 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Best Mexican on Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We travel from Rochester Hills M to Rochester MN often. This is a must stop. Found it a few years ago and never miss it. Try the pastries next door for a great Mexican treat. Enchiladas are great and try the Puerco Gasada.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Elgin, Illinois
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

El Faro is a good authentic place to get Mexican food..they have pretty fast service and the size of the food is huge.

Visited August 2012
“Can't beat their burritos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Their burritos are pretty amazing, huge and for a really decent price. Do not go in expecting Taco Bell, much more authentic. I've eaten at all of El Faro's locations since the mid 1990's, never disappointed. Yes, you will occasionally get a small chicken bone or something, that's the price you pay for authentic. It definitely helps to know a little spanglish depending on who is working, but usually not required.

• Visited March 2012
Elgin, Illinois
“Good Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

Gritty atmosphere but good food at this Elgin location.

1 Thank L B
happypinkegg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They blame the customer.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2010

I wouldn't really know how the food actually tastes at this restaurant because both times I have stopped in they have gotten my order wrong. The first time it was because the cashier did not speak English that well, but didn't inform me of this (I speak Spanish), so my order came completely different than I had ordered. The second time they gave me tacos American style (lettuce and tomato) instead of Mexican (cilantro) and when we called and complained the manager said it was my fault that I did not specify. Funny, when my husband has bought tacos there they never ask him to specify... maybe because he looks Mexican whereas I do not. Neither of us want to eat at a restaurant where the customer is blamed. I expect authentic Mexican food from an authentic Mexican restaurant.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank happypinkegg

Been to El Faro? Share your experiences!