Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest
$139
$128
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewswedding receptionlabor day weekendnice hotelnice areapool areamini fridgebanquet roomroom was spaciousbusiness travelertoll roadcheck in was a breezewould stay here againbreakfast buffetfront desk staffnice stayfitness centerpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The Holiday Inn in Elgin is the best HI you'll ever stay in. Very clean throughout, good restaurant (open late on weekends), reasonable room upgrades yield nice suites with microwave and fridge, great staff, convienient location just off I-90.

My wife and I spent a weekend in Elgin for our annual trek to a Vintage Clothing Expo.  She's pretty particular about hotels and we usually stay at one of the high-end options downtown.  But she was really happy with our stay and gives high recommendation as well.

Great for business or leisure. Even if you are like me and generally stay at the "higher-end" chains, give this one a try.

• Stayed: September 2013
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. High praise indeed, we will continue to maintain our product and service qualities so that we keep earning your trust and business whenever visiting our area.

Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Traveling from NC I anticipated a possible delay in my arrival time in Elgin,Illinois. I called ahead and informed Norma and she said no problem and she would make an entry that I may arrive late. I arrived on time and was checked and and was given a informative, concise welcome by Bertha and Nancy; these ladies are very polite, cheerful and made this 3 day stay my best ever and I want to let others know this is a great place to stay. Bennigan's was a great restaurant and a fun place to watch the NFL.

• Stayed: September 2013
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to make each guest feel at home while visiting us at the Elgin Holiday Inn, I will make sure our staff is aware that they are on the right track. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were in Elgin for my 55th high school reunion (quick, how old am I) and stayed at this Holiday Inn. They upgraded us to a suite (I have a IHG Rewards Club Gold card) and the room was large, clean, and very nice. The restaurant and bar are fine. Breakfast (in a different room) was fine, and there is another family-style restaurant within easy walking distance.

One minor complaint -- most hotels (this one included) are going to CFL for lighting and us old guys really need more light to be able to see.

One other more serious problem -- neither my smart-phone nor my laptop was able to stay connected to their wifi for any length of time.

Overall, this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It was a lot of fun for our staff to host your class reunion, it seems like a close knit group and we got a lot of compliments on your band during the dinner party, they sure put on a good show. I'm sorry to hear about your issues with our Wi-Fi system, even though we have a very strong signal 30Mbps, we had some issues when a large number of people were accessing it, we have adjusted the system to make sure each room is receiving it's fair share of signal instead of the free for all that we were experimenting with. I am truly sorry for the problem. Also , our new CFL lighting should be providing the same high lumens as regular bulbs but it seems to take it a short while to warm up, I will make sure we have regular bulbs available for future guests with this issue.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am the Travel Coordinator for my company, and had a team staying at this location while traveling within the city. There was a glitch with my travelers rewards points, so I only needed to make one phone call to have all reward numbers entered correctly!

Angela K. kept communication and even called me directly instead of sending an email, which is rare in todays world.

Thank you Angela and staff! Sincerely appreciated!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Customer service is a top priority of our staff, I'm happy to hear we were able to meet your needs. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We recently had my niece's bridal shower at the Holiday Inn. Our experience was wonderful. The food was superb, the staff extremely attentive, and the hotel is beautiful. I can't say enough about this hotel! We will definitely come back for future events.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to make sure each event is perfect and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the wedding shower. I will pass your compliments to our staff who pride themselves on providing the excellent service you experienced.