Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Elgin
Chicago, Illinois
“Gorgeous!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This property has undergone a $6 million renovation, and it shows! It is absolutely gorgeous!!! We ended up here after an unfortunate mistake with another local hotel, and it turned out better than we ever could have imagined. From the lobby, to the pool area, to the hallways, to the rooms, to the bathrooms, this hotel is exceptional. Not only is everything very new, it is also very, very clean. The reservation staff helped us get a room quickly and at a great rate. The front desk clerk was friendly, and the housekeeper on the 4th floor was so sweet and hard-working. The hotel had many guests when we were there, but our room was quiet all night. The beds are very comfortable, and we slept well all night. There is a small refrigerator in the room, and it *actually keeps things cold*, which is a first at any hotel we've been to. The desk chair and easy chair are nice, and there are many places to plug in electronics. There is a really nice Bennigan's attached to the hotel.

We will definitely return to this Holiday Inn and Suites the next time we are in the area, and will recommend it to all of our friends who travel there, too. What a pleasant surprise!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, I am so glad you found us as an alternate hotel to where you were planning on staying. We are looking forward to being your first choice during future visits to our area. Thanks again for your very kind comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Minneapolis, Mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very close to a suite! Not separated by a door, but my room was really a living room area and a bedroom, with a fine 8th floor view. Nice toiletries, grand staff, excellent breakfast! Quiet and charming I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathleen B
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Your tip of staying in higher floors for a better view is a good one, since we are the tallest hotel in our area and the views are lovely. Along with our oversized and newly renovated rooms, we have become a favorite stop in Elgin. We are looking forward to serving you on your next visit to our area.
Bloomington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Elgin is not the garden spot of the area,yet I was nicely impressed with this Holiday Inn property. The rooms are nicely appointed for the business traveler. The desk staff is actually well trained and responsive. While there is not a complimentary breakfast, the restaurant is nice and worth treating yourself to a real meal in the morning. The price is very reasonable. A pleasant change in a near Chicago property that is a full Holiday Inn and not just an Express. What I save in comparable hotels, more than buys me breakfast. Lastly, you can actually meet a colleague and get work done in the lobby at a properly sized table.

Room Tip: For me, the higher the better for the hotel room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. It's great to see our lobby becoming a hub for small meetings and gathering place for businessmen and women, with our free Wi-Fi system available thruout the hotel and Bennigan's, we're doing our best to make connectivity as easy as possible.

Thanks again for being our guest and we'll be looking to serve you on future visits.
Alexandria, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights in February for Bennigan's training. I was so impressed with hotel, the place looks great. The customer service was EXCELLENT! I have never met the general manager of a hotel before but Hratch went out of his way to make us feel at home. We were trying to leave in the middle of a snow storm and they did everything they could to help us get to the airport. Thanks! I live in Minnesota but if I am ever traveling through I will stay there for sure. And an added perk- a GREAT restaurant attached! Thanks everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback, we certainly enjoyed hosting Bennigan's managers for the rollout of a new menu and all the training and learning that goes with starting a new program. We will look forward to our Minnesota friends revisiting us soon.
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

The Holiday Inn in Elgin just went through an extensive remodel. The place looks great and the staff is wonderful. I had my 50 birthday party in their main banquet room. The food was very good and the staff was very professional. I also stayed there for 2 nights in February 2013. The beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel is top notch and very affordable, worth the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear J-LO,

Thank you for your feedback, we were honored you chose our hotel for your 50th birthday celebration and we look forward to being part of your future special events.
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights in December 2012 for a business trip. The hotel is a top notch Holiday Inn and has recently been renovated (you can easily see the positive outcome of a recent renovation).

Location: nothing special here, but I was here on Business so I wasn't expecting a ton of activities, it is right by the interstate though which made it great for me.

Check in / out: Both were very smooth and the front desk staff were great. I am a Platinum member w/ IHG so I was upgraded, given snacks, and thanked upon arrival.

Room itself: very clean, modern, and comfortable, internet worked great

Dining: I enjoyed breakfast each day, the menu was diverse and the quality was great. I also ate at Bennigans which is attached to the property. The service and decor were great but the food was average. For me, I would rather eat there, than go outside in 25 degree weather any day.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I return to the Elgin / Genoa area.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms ending in 34. I was in 834 which is right beside the elevator shaft. If you sta...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We certainly are proud of our award winning renovation and customer satisfaction it has generated. We are looking forward to serve you during your next visit to our region.
Streamwood, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have been to this holiday inn prior to the renovations and was very impressed with the friendly staff and great service I received. After a recent visit to the hotel, I was blown away by the new renovations done. I came with a friend to view the space for a possible wedding venue and was almost immediately regretful that I had not thought of this space as an option for my own wedding. We met with Kaitlyn Harm, the wedding coordinator. She was beyond delightful to deal with. I was very impressed by the ellegant rooms and decor and then to top it off, the affordable pricing. If you are planning your "dream wedding," please take a trip to the holiday inn in Elgin, IL and meet with Kaitlyn Harm. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hratch B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. With our renovation completed, our staff has been making every effort to make each event a success. We are looking forward to serving you and your friends in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elgin
Hampton Inn Chicago/Elgin
Comfort Suites Elgin
TownePlace Suites Chicago Elgin/West Dundee
Courtyard Chicago Elgin/West Dundee
Candlewood Suites Elgin - Northwest Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest? Share your experiences!