“Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Elgin, Illinois
“Breakfast”
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

This place has had a tough time drumming up consistent business due to 2 other places close by. The food actually is pretty good. The offering of American ( home ) fries as an alternative to the usual hash brown potatoes are a welcome site! Not many establishment's offer one or the other. The sausage gravy is actually homemade with the sausage and sage flavorings and doesn't taste like it was mostly milk and it tastes very good! If you've tried before and have not returned, I recommend giving it another go! I was there with the family and everyone was pleased with only one exception, my wife asked for non crispy bacon and it was a little on the crispy side. That in itself isn't a big deal!

Elgin, Illinois
“A Disappointment”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Stopped for lunch on a Sunday about 1.30 pm. Only 3 other tables occupied which should have been a message. I ordered a hamburger with fries. I was offered a choice of cooking for the burger and I selected medium rare. Companion ordered the fried chicken dinner.
My hamburger arrived well done. Waitress offered to return it and try again but.................we had already waited 20 minutes! I ate about half and realized it just did not taste right. I stopped eating.
Companion ate his chicken but said it was very dry and overcooked.
Later in the afternoon I became ill with nausea bloating and ended up retiring to bed about 6.00 pm. I recovered by next day but I had eaten nothing else that day except some scrambled eggs at home for breakfast.
Service was attentive but kitchen was very slow. We have two other excellent similar restaurants in Elgin. I will skip this one in future.

• Visited January 2014