“Great portions and awesome food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jimmy's Charhouse

Jimmy's Charhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Charhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 188 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: American, Soups, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dennison, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great portions and awesome food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have been to Jimmy's a few times and I never walk away hungry. It can get a little pricey, but worth every penny. Staff is attentive even on a busy Friday night.

Visited August 2013

Jacksonville
“Great food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had a delightful dinner with friends. We shared the calamari and still took some home!! The shrimp de jonge can be ordered as a meal as well as an appetizer and is delicious. The chicken marsala was also wonderful and more than I could eat, so get to enjoy it again this week.

• Visited September 2013
El Cajon
“A Good Choice for DInner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was quite good, nice atmosphere, but we did have a waiter who seemed extremely pre-occupied by something other than our table.

Visited July 2013
Rockford, Illinois
“Ahhh, no way!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Where do I begin, had a restaurant.com coupon I thought I would use up for a nice meal out with my kids for a change. And then was approached by the server...oh what a delight she was...NOT...upon presenting my certificate to her...the ATTITUDE then started, stating I am pretty sure we don't take these on Saturday nights, but I will go check. Then eyes rolled when we just ordered water. Didn't get water for like 10 minutes later and with no comp bread. That was delivered after another 10 minutes. She kept pushing us for our order like she was in a hurry to get us out of there. Did NOT feel we were welcomed in her presence at all. Unbelievable....I eat out quite a bit...can't even remember I have had a server that rude. The icing on the cake was when she added a 18% gratuity to our bill without even telling us it was going to be done! There are MANY other restaurants in which to choose in the area, I suggest you do so whole heartedly...I will never go back here again, nor can I recommend it either.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank spyderspy
Chicago, IL
“Falling star . . .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My GF and I went here last night - Saturday night - fearful of having to wait - we showed up and it looked deserted. Two guys at the bar - maybe three or four tables occupied.

Our waitress was a little aloof in the beginning - we asked her for balsamic vinegar and oil for our bread and she looked a little upset by our request.

By the time she came to take our food order, though, she had warmed up a little bit.

I had the London Broil for the first time here and it wasn't bad. The veggies were a little off, though, and the mashed potatoes were nothing special.

The salads were good, though, with a tangy balsamic vinigeratte dressing.

By the time the meal was over our waitress had gotten friendlier, even chatting a bit since the place obviously wasn't busy.

I feel bad for this establishment because they were once THE place to go for a good steak and atmosphere. Now it has declined.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RICJ72

Been to Jimmy's Charhouse? Share your experiences!