“Great food & service”
Review of Jimmy's Charhouse

Jimmy's Charhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Charhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 194 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had a delightful dinner with friends. We shared the calamari and still took some home!! The shrimp de jonge can be ordered as a meal as well as an appetizer and is delicious. The chicken marsala was also wonderful and more than I could eat, so get to enjoy it again this week.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was quite good, nice atmosphere, but we did have a waiter who seemed extremely pre-occupied by something other than our table.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Where do I begin, had a restaurant.com coupon I thought I would use up for a nice meal out with my kids for a change. And then was approached by the server...oh what a delight she was...NOT...upon presenting my certificate to her...the ATTITUDE then started, stating I am pretty sure we don't take these on Saturday nights, but I will go check. Then eyes rolled when we just ordered water. Didn't get water for like 10 minutes later and with no comp bread. That was delivered after another 10 minutes. She kept pushing us for our order like she was in a hurry to get us out of there. Did NOT feel we were welcomed in her presence at all. Unbelievable....I eat out quite a bit...can't even remember I have had a server that rude. The icing on the cake was when she added a 18% gratuity to our bill without even telling us it was going to be done! There are MANY other restaurants in which to choose in the area, I suggest you do so whole heartedly...I will never go back here again, nor can I recommend it either.

1  Thank spyderspy
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

My GF and I went here last night - Saturday night - fearful of having to wait - we showed up and it looked deserted. Two guys at the bar - maybe three or four tables occupied.

Our waitress was a little aloof in the beginning - we asked her for balsamic vinegar and oil for our bread and she looked a little upset by our request.

By the time she came to take our food order, though, she had warmed up a little bit.

I had the London Broil for the first time here and it wasn't bad. The veggies were a little off, though, and the mashed potatoes were nothing special.

The salads were good, though, with a tangy balsamic vinigeratte dressing.

By the time the meal was over our waitress had gotten friendlier, even chatting a bit since the place obviously wasn't busy.

I feel bad for this establishment because they were once THE place to go for a good steak and atmosphere. Now it has declined.

1  Thank RICJ72
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Been to Jimmy's Charhouse in the past and it was very good. This time it was terrible.
The service was terrible...half way through ordering drinks our server just turned and walked away.
When ordering our meals...if there was a pause...he walked away again. The evenings attitude was..I don't care just get to it...eat and go. Well when our food came it wasn't very good. Ribs were tough and dry, liver (yes..I said liver) was cut way to thick, and the medallions were nothing more than a whole round cut into 3 rds. Veggies were cold. Oh did I say that my drink came with a glob of an unknown origin in it? Yeah...gross. We have a gluten free member and the Greek salad was nothing but lettuce, a radish, onion and a couple of olives. No dressing. Overall rating is very poor.

1  Thank Bigmama621

Been to Jimmy's Charhouse? Share your experiences!