“Decent food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Decent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I liked the 2 dog special. Chicago dogs taste great. The other options are just as good. Italian beef and burgers are good too.

Visited October 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Consistently Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We've been to Big Sammy's a number of times, including this most recent visit. They are currently running a special where you get 2 chicago style hot dogs, french fries, and a drink for $5.00. I think that's a very good deal, so I decided that was what I was going to order.

They ask you for your name when they take your order so they can call you by name when your food is ready. It's a nice touch to make it a bit more personalized. The hot dogs were piping hot and dressed perfectly, and the fried were so hot I could not even touch them. This is typical of Big Sammy's. They literally have the hottest fries around. You usually have to wait a few minutes before you can touch them. They are a larger size fry which I prefer to the smaller size cut some restaurants are using now.

They keep the restaurant clean, and I also used the restroom while I was there and it was clean as well. I wish the restaurant was larger, because sometimes during lunch it fills up, and the tables are arranged in two long rows of tables side by side touching each other.

I would not hesitate to recommend Big Sammy's and their food. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013