“Disgusting.”

Bennigan's
Ranked #8 of 189 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A high-energy neighborhood restaurant and tavern, Bennigan's is relentlessly focused on the people, food and experience that define it. Every member of the team "bleeds green" to go above and beyond the casual dining expectations of today. Our new restaurant design is warm and inviting, putting the focus on the food, the drinks and, as always, the Irish Hospitality. Bennigan's has always been a neighborhood favorite - not just for food and drinks, but as a place to meet friends and kick back for a while. That spirit lives on in everything we do, every single day. It's the way Bennigan's was created, and it's the way our Legendary story continues.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I have lived in Elgin my whole life and haven't eaten here in nine years. Tonight we took our four kids and ordered drinks. Right away I noticed the place was dead and there was alot of older folks. anyway my draft had red lipstick on it and I wasn't wearing any! I returned it and the second one had the same. I approached the hostess (since there was nobody else around) and she said this to me: "that's their fault-pointing to the bar-not mine." I asked for the manager, and a man of indian decent came out and was pretty rude. "What's the problem? What do you want me to do? Sorry, our dishwasher doesn't wash off lipstick so we have to do it by hand." GROSS. I said so you're ok serving a dirty glass? Not his problem, again. They sent out a third glass but I didn't dare drink it, for obvious reasons PLUS it had black floaties, PLUS it took almost ten minutes for it to reach me (and the place was DEAD at 8 pm on Friday). No thanks. Disgusting. Also, the waitresses were cussing and hushing eachother saying "shh there's some kids here lol". Wish I had a photo to add---it was pretty depressing.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. My sincere apology for the problems you encountered, we train our waitresses and bartenders to set aside lipstick stained glassware to be handwashed first than washed thru our glass washer, I'm sorry we failed in following procedure and managed to alienate a valuable customer like you. I want to assure you that we will be retraining our staff on proper glass washing procedures and best ways on handlinmg our valued guests complaints. Again, I am truly sorry for the problems and the way our staff responded when given the opportunity to correct the issue. I hope you will give us a chance to serve you in aour usually better service quality. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This review only touches on 3 things.....location....great right by my hotel....beer special....it was big, cold and tasty.....bar maid....top notch and very friendy and attentive...I saw food being served and it looked good but can't really comment on looked good....I would totally try it next time...

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to serving you during your next visit to our area, we're certain you will enjoy our menu too.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I remember eating at a Bennigan's years ago, but this was disappointing. Pretty limited menu ... mostly sandwich type things. I had a roasted turkey sandwich on a pretzel roll with sweet potato fries. The sandwich was pretty tasteless, with a very thin mustard sauce that didn't add anything, and the fries were way overcooked. My server was friendly and food came out quickly ... a pretty slow weeknight crowd. While there are several hotels close together in this area, there wasn't a lot of choices for restaurants, so if I'm in this area again, will probably drive a little further for my dinner.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry for not serving your Turkey O'toole meal in the perfection it deserves. I have reminded our staff to ask if the guest would like extra sauce on the side and the kitchen staff to make sure that the proper amount of sauce is on the sandwich when it's served. Thank you for being our guest and assure you that we will be trying harder to make each meal a perfect experience.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Our car club went there for lunch this week and what a pleasant surprise. Great service and good food. One server took 16 orders with individual checks and got them all correct.
Plus, where else can you get the famous Bennigan's Monte Cristo sandwich, try the half sandwich with soup or salad. It was so good we are thinking of going back for dinner sometime, and maybe we will take the wives. It's in the Holiday Inn, and the signage isn't that great.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It was a joy having your car club meet for lunch in Bennigan's, our large parking lot is a plus for any car club. But best of all was having your beautiful Corvettes lining up our parking lot sure added a touch of class to our building. Thank you for being our guests and we certainly hope you will make us a regular stop in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have been here a number of times. Good experiences and good food. In the past I have been a little disappointed with the MonteCristo but the last time it was very good. Being that Bennigans are now very rare it is good to have one place to still find the MonteCristo. But we have had lots of other meals as well that have all been good. As other customers have mentioned, sometimes the music can be quite loud however. We have had to ask them to turn it down.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Bennigan's menu has been evolving over the years, but the one constant has been our classic Monte Cristo which remains as one of our best sellers. Thanks for rediscovering the Elgin Bennigan's.