“I love Bennigan's”

Bennigan's
Ranked #8 of 190 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A high-energy neighborhood restaurant and tavern, Bennigan's is relentlessly focused on the people, food and experience that define it. Every member of the team "bleeds green" to go above and beyond the casual dining expectations of today. Our new restaurant design is warm and inviting, putting the focus on the food, the drinks and, as always, the Irish Hospitality. Bennigan's has always been a neighborhood favorite - not just for food and drinks, but as a place to meet friends and kick back for a while. That spirit lives on in everything we do, every single day. It's the way Bennigan's was created, and it's the way our Legendary story continues.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This foog is the best! I have always loved Bennigan's, but with the new menu it's even better. I am sad that some of the old things are no longer available, but change is good.

The new decor is beautiful as well.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our new menu even though you were missing some of old items. We will continue to do our best to improve and keep winning your approval. We know you have a lot of choices of where to eat, we want to thank you again for choosing Bennigan's.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

There are very few restaurants to choose from on this section of I-90 so, desperate for supper, stopped in at about 8:30 PM. The hostess's very first comment was a very disinterested "Where do you want to sit?" Though a majority of the tables were empty, we were seated directly under two of the largest television screens I have ever seen in a restaurant. When we asked to sit by a window instead, she simply turned and walked off without comment. Finally we figured out that she had taken a back route to another table and was standing there waiting for us to follow. The food was average at best but our waiter did provide good service. Even if you like sports bars, endless arrays of television and nachos, I would still look elsewhere.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our service and even though we have a large quiet area with windows overlooking our patio, our hosts take it for granted that the favorite seats are close to our large screen tv's and neglect to ask our guests choice of where they prefer to sit. With retraining of our hosts we will make sure this does not occur again. Thank you for choosing Bennigan's.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We ate here before they remodeled. The food was good.
Our server is what made that place one of a kind. My husband is in the army and returned from a deployment. We stayed in the holiday inn which is attached to bennigans.
When our server asked how we are, we told him we were celebrating. He was the nicest guy and made a difference in our stay. Actually I think he was the best part. I think he might be a manager now, which he should be.
So after our great service, he paid for our bill and wrote us a note saying " Thank you for you service and happy anniversary". WOW!! there needs to be more people in the world like him. How refreshing, as long as he is there is as long as we will keep going back. It's nice to meet people in the world who actually care.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It was very nice of you to share the small service point that made a difference in your visit to our Bennigan's, we are very proud of our staff and food quality and we will do our utmost to maintain it.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stopped for lunch here around 2:00 p.m. so things may have been different than during the lunch or dinner "prime time". The food was fine - I had a cheeseburger and fries, and my friend had the Irish dip. There were only a couple of other tables occupied - a couple in their 60's, a young woman with a baby and possibly her mother (trying to have a conversation), and a middle-aged woman working on her computer. To this potentially quiet backdrop, we ate to the blaring tunes of AC/DC, Black Sabbath, and Scorpions blasting on the sound system. I didn't mind that all of the tv's were tuned to sports stations, but the music was obviously for the staff without consideration for the late-lunch guests.

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry for the less than perfect atmosphere that was provided during your lunch, I shared your comments with our staff to make sure the proper background music is in place. We do have a DMX music system with over 50 stations and variety of music and all we needed to do was pay attention to the time of day and set the music accordingly. Great atmosphere is a big part of the lunch experience, I hope we will not drop the ball in the future. Thanks again for a very constructive comment card, and hope you visit us again.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

After reading other reviews of Bennigan's here, I began to wonder if I had eaten at the same restaurant. Four of us found our food only "passable". Not great by any means! Service was so-so. We had an opportunity to go back and my husband and I responded with hearty NOs!

Hratch B, Manager at Bennigan's, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry for the less than perfect experience during your last visit, I will share your comments with our service,kitchen and management staff and institute a refresher training program with the hopes of eliminating mistakes in food preparation and service. Thanks again for being our guest.