“WORSE PLACE I'VE STAYED IN”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Elgin
Gaylord, Michigan
“WORSE PLACE I'VE STAYED IN”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I made reservations online thru Choice Hotels..was staying there from May 31 to June 2 for my granddaughters graduation. When I arrived there you couldn't get in thru the main entrance, because they were re-doing the entrance and the hallway, so had to go to the back. When we entered was all torn up and couldn't get to the desk. A man was sitting in hallway digging up the floor and I tried to get to front desk (where there was not a soul) but he grabbed me and pointed to a sign on the side wall, didn't speak English like he was telling me CAN'T YOU READ..gave me wrong room, new room smelled and had spiders. Was a mess, and was a FREE NIGHT, so I felt I had to stay or lose my points..am now at a MUCH BETTER HOTEL.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hugs4misuns
General_Mgr_Elgin, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Unfortunately renovating and construction to update the hotel can be stressful to our guests and associates as well. Having had to relocate the front desk while the new floors were being installed when required. I'm most certain the construction worker was trying to help you get to the relocated from desk area and meant to disrespect in pointing it out to you.

We sincerely take pride in our hotel and try our hardest to portray that to our guests. Please consider visiting us again when you find you are in the area visiting family again.

Nikki Del Rio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Quality Inn on Tollgate Road, Elgin, Illinois is nice, clean, well cared for. The shower head was terrific! I loved the settings and the fact that I could get that 'needle-like' spray that rinses soap out of long hair so efficiently.
The room was odor-free and clean, the sheets clean. The shower "body" towels could be a little bigger. Also the toilet in my room seemed to run for a really long time before the tank was full enough.
Other than that this was a decent hotel experience.
I have stayed at this hotel before and will do so again when I am working in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. And I apologize for the delay in response. We are so pleased to hear your experiences with our hotel and staff. It is with great pride do I say we are sincerely fortunate to have the staff we do, who care for the product and service they provide.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

MONROE
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We needed to be in Elgin for a week for a funeral. We really wanted an inexpensive but decent option. The Quality Inn more than met our needs. The staff is very friendly and helpful. (I left my Nook charger and Jim mailed it back to me Priority Mail - no charge to me!). They provide a decent breakfast that actually includes some protein! Very clean- excellent value!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary S
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very sorry for the loss you experienced in April. We are thrilled to hear that we met and exceeded your needs. Our staff is always going above and beyond to provide the most excellent care for our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future should your plans brings you to Elgin.

WGC - Hertfordshire
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I choose this hotel because it was close to our office and all I needed was a bed for the night. Although low cost the reception welcome was quick and friendly and the room clean and spacious. WiFi connection worked and I had no issues with speed.
There is very little close to the hotel, so do not book this place if you do not have transport, unless of course you want to stay in all night.
Breakfast was simple, basic and self-service, but it is included in the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2013

it had been about two years since my last visit to elgin and i was looking for a spot to lay my head, my camera gear and my two overnight bags.
had planned on staying in chicagoland for about three days and ended up staying there for 2 weeks. a much needed vacation/holiday after two years of all work in detroit.

the hotel night clerk, bill, and the general manager, james, are the utmost professional and great senses of humour. they are kind, courteous, accomodating. they are like family to me now. i consider them my big brother bill and uncle james.

my two cohorts - one model and videographer and i were in need of a shower and rest and found quality inn (per their suggestion from previous experiences). we just wrapped up a 12 hour photoshoot in downtown chicago and needed a place to stay for the weekend.

without a doubt, they service was stellar, the breakfast was exceptional. there is wifi in the lobby. the other guests are also business minded and friendly. children are welcome and they are conveniently located from the highway.

i highly recommend Quality Inn of Elgin over any of it's competitors, if you are in the Elgin Illinois area and need great service, rooms, and accomodations.

cheers,
xiang cclc
team sundance llc

Room Tip: ask the night clerk about discounts and what rewards programs you may have. also mention that you f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boyce, Louisiana
Reviewed April 20, 2013

For $59.00 with Expedia I had my suspicions -- but they were unfounded! VERY clean throughout! This is formerly a Budgetel Inn ( I can tell by the construction design) nevertheless they keep the hotel up nicely. Both desk clerks I dealt with we're very kind and helpful. Nice surprise! This is where I'm staying when I'm in the area again! If not for TA I would not have chosen this hotel. Thanks TA!

Stayed April 2013
Joplin, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days in late Dec of 2012. The rooms were about average size for a Q Inn. They were clean. The housekeeping service did a thorough job despite the hotel's age being able to be detected. The Wifi was moderately fast. The breakfast was a standard hot breakfast. For some reason, the coffee was above average. Most of the hotels water the coffee down =, but here it was hot and strong. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. We had a problem with our toilet and while the maintenance guy was quick to respond and get working on it, he was obviously not happy about it, letting out some swears. Being in construction, they did not surprise or bother me, but would be inappropriate around children. Overall, I would recommend this property. Rooms were value priced...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. Our staff takes incredible pride in the service and product they provide to our guests. Since your last stay during construction you will be pleased with the finished product of our front lobby being updated, brand new updated furniture in the rooms, totally remodeled bathrooms, and so much more! I do apologize for our maintenances unprofessional language and it has been addressed. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thank you again for your kind words they are very much appreciated.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Hampton Inn Chicago/Elgin
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elgin
Comfort Suites Elgin
TownePlace Suites Chicago Elgin/West Dundee
Candlewood Suites Elgin - Northwest Chicago

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!