“Clean and Served its Purpose”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Elgin
WGC - Hertfordshire
“Clean and Served its Purpose”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I choose this hotel because it was close to our office and all I needed was a bed for the night. Although low cost the reception welcome was quick and friendly and the room clean and spacious. WiFi connection worked and I had no issues with speed.
There is very little close to the hotel, so do not book this place if you do not have transport, unless of course you want to stay in all night.
Breakfast was simple, basic and self-service, but it is included in the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2013

it had been about two years since my last visit to elgin and i was looking for a spot to lay my head, my camera gear and my two overnight bags.
had planned on staying in chicagoland for about three days and ended up staying there for 2 weeks. a much needed vacation/holiday after two years of all work in detroit.

the hotel night clerk, bill, and the general manager, james, are the utmost professional and great senses of humour. they are kind, courteous, accomodating. they are like family to me now. i consider them my big brother bill and uncle james.

my two cohorts - one model and videographer and i were in need of a shower and rest and found quality inn (per their suggestion from previous experiences). we just wrapped up a 12 hour photoshoot in downtown chicago and needed a place to stay for the weekend.

without a doubt, they service was stellar, the breakfast was exceptional. there is wifi in the lobby. the other guests are also business minded and friendly. children are welcome and they are conveniently located from the highway.

i highly recommend Quality Inn of Elgin over any of it's competitors, if you are in the Elgin Illinois area and need great service, rooms, and accomodations.

cheers,
xiang cclc
team sundance llc

Room Tip: ask the night clerk about discounts and what rewards programs you may have. also mention that you f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boyce, Louisiana
Reviewed April 20, 2013

For $59.00 with Expedia I had my suspicions -- but they were unfounded! VERY clean throughout! This is formerly a Budgetel Inn ( I can tell by the construction design) nevertheless they keep the hotel up nicely. Both desk clerks I dealt with we're very kind and helpful. Nice surprise! This is where I'm staying when I'm in the area again! If not for TA I would not have chosen this hotel. Thanks TA!

Stayed April 2013
Joplin, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days in late Dec of 2012. The rooms were about average size for a Q Inn. They were clean. The housekeeping service did a thorough job despite the hotel's age being able to be detected. The Wifi was moderately fast. The breakfast was a standard hot breakfast. For some reason, the coffee was above average. Most of the hotels water the coffee down =, but here it was hot and strong. Front desk staff was friendly and efficient. We had a problem with our toilet and while the maintenance guy was quick to respond and get working on it, he was obviously not happy about it, letting out some swears. Being in construction, they did not surprise or bother me, but would be inappropriate around children. Overall, I would recommend this property. Rooms were value priced...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. Our staff takes incredible pride in the service and product they provide to our guests. Since your last stay during construction you will be pleased with the finished product of our front lobby being updated, brand new updated furniture in the rooms, totally remodeled bathrooms, and so much more! I do apologize for our maintenances unprofessional language and it has been addressed. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Thank you again for your kind words they are very much appreciated.
Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
Reviewed December 8, 2012

For the very economical price we paid, this place was great. Clean, comfortable, friendly and attentive to guests' needs. Pet friendly and affordable. Easy to find right off I-90. They gave us a room near an outside door so we could easily go outside with our 2 small dogs when the need arose. There is a small fee for pets but the regular rate is very affordable for such nice accommodations. The best bonus was a really good breakfast buffet. I don't know if weekdays feature such a great breakfast (we were there on a Saturday morning), but they even had biscuits and bacon which was a treat!! Check in was a breeze too. Efficient and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed in a king size bed room on Nov. 16. The front desk staff were very friendly. The room was surprisingly very spacious and the bed was comfortable, not rock hard. I also loved that they provided 4 pillows, some of which were thicker than others. That way I picked the most comfortable one. The hotel was very clean as well as the room. The ONLY thing that I did not like was the the heater had settings from 1-10 so it was hard to know which number to put it on to be comfortable, it was like having to do trial and error. Free continental breakfast is included.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for those not wanting to spend too much as it was very nice and good quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mentor, Ohio
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Nice clean place and the staff (Jim) were very friendly and helpful. Did a walk-in check-in, as the 800 # I used turned out to be a 3rd party booker from India, and was fouled up. Actually got a much better rate at the front desk! Took another hour to cancel the prior reservation with that blasted 3rd party booker, but was not Quality Inn's issue. Overall very pleased with this hotel and will stay here again on road-trips to Minneapolis. btw... use this # to make a reservation if you wish... 847-608-7300.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elgin
Hampton Inn Chicago/Elgin
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Chicago Northwest
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Elgin
Comfort Suites Elgin
TownePlace Suites Chicago Elgin/West Dundee
Candlewood Suites Elgin - Northwest Chicago

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!