“Throw back pub.”

Description: Http://www.nickspizzapub.com/home/
Chicago, Illinois
“Throw back pub.”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were in the neighborhood and decided to give Nick's a try. If you blow by it going south on Randall rd, you have to double back to the west and come in through a neighborhood. Nick's Pub is like the places my wife and I went to when we were young and dating back in the 60's. Old English Sheriff of Nottingham, Robin Hood feel to it. All the stuffed animals are a bit disconcerting, though.

Peanut shells on the floor! I love it! Probably ate 2.5#s of them which would account for the several Two Brother's tall beers with lunch. Nice menu. Had the cheeseburger special for $7 which was cooked medium rare as I requested, my wife had the meatball sandwich and she liked that as well. Our daughter ordered a third item, but I've forgotten what it was. However, she's a trained chef so she always lets us know when she doesn't like a dish. Fries were nice and thin and salted just so. We did order a batch of the deep fried mushrooms which were superior. They were done on site and didn't have that heavy batter and mushy consistency that a lot of those dishes do when they've obviously come out of the freezer from a vendor.

Service was quick and pleasant, but it was 2pm on a Monday, so I can't say how it is on a busy Saturday night. All in all, we liked the place. Tab with tip for three people with an appetizer and drinks was just under $50.

We'd go back.

• Visited June 2014

“Outstanding pizza, great service”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I began a new job in December, and I'm still exploring restaurants in the area (limited earlier in the year by terrible weather). Visited Nick's and enjoyed the individual pizza lunch special. My server was terrific and the thin crust pizza was outstanding. I've already recommended Nick's to family and friends and am making plans to return. The atmosphere is casual, made more fun by the peanuts in the shell on the table, and of course, the shells on the floor.

• Visited April 2014
Elgin, Illinois
“Great Food Time & Time Again”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This restaurant is a staple in our family. They have the best pizza in town. We like to order the individual pizzas so we all get our own special pizza. I LOVE the grilled chicken calzone. It's big enough to share (if you want to). The ingredients taste fresh every time. Peanut baskets on the table to munch on while you wait. Kids love that you can throw the shells on the floor. There's an arcade up front to keep the kiddies occupied. The waitstaff is always very friendly and attentive. We dine here at least once a month. Check in on Four Square and receive a free appetizer! : )

• Visited February 2014
“Good Family Location”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have been to Nick's several times as it is just down the road from us. If you want good food, fun atmosphere and good service this is the place. Love that they have peanuts on the table too. There pizza is really good and so is there chicken sandwich.

• Visited February 2014
“BEST PIZZA”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nick's thin crust pizza is the best..no one can top it.. It's a very casual place, fun for the whole family..

• Visited March 2014

Been to Nick's Pizza & Pub? Share your experiences!