“Good quality for the price”
Review of Sushi Station II

Sushi Station II
Ranked #11 of 194 Restaurants in Elgin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have been coming to this Sushi Station since it opened a couple of years ago. The service is great from the moment you are greeted at the door until you are thanked at the door upon leaving.
The setup is great and it is nice to see the sushi wind its way around the conveyor belt. The menus and sushi guides are very helpful in making selections - be sure to catch the flyers around your seats for lunch and seasonal specials.
My personal favorites there are the salmon, Texas Roll, and Bostation Roll. For an appetizer, the Volcano Poppers are excellent - jalapenos stuffed with tuna and cream cheese then lightly fried tempura-style.

The place really picks up at lunch during the week with all the local workers, so be prepared to wait if you come in a group. It also makes for a good date place, as picking out sushi and sharing plates can be fun.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

At this restaurant the sushi comes around on a covered (refrigerated) conveyer belt. Everything on the conveyer belt is priced according to the color plate it is on. At the end, the wait staff will count up how many plates you have of each color, and that's your bill. You can also order things off the menu, sushi or hot items.

We have been here several times, but this last time was not our best visit. We were there at 5:30pm on a Saturday night, and there were lots of empty spaces on the conveyer belt. We were disappointed that many of our favorite dishes were not on the belt. You can wait while the belt cycles around and hope they refill, but there can be a lot of waiting.

The quality of the sushi is good, and the atmosphere is nice.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

That's right, I do not eat raw fish or even anything with seaweed on it (hate the fishy taste). But guess what? This is one of my favorite dining places because they do have seared fish over rice (no seaweed); cooked shrimp/crabmeat, and even cooked tempura rolls, etc. Plus I love their fried shumai and there are lots of other Japanese food you can order from the menu. What I also like about this place is if you don't see your type of sushi rotating, just talk to the servicers who are very friendly and accommodating and they'll special order it for you. I'm lucky because I can go to both Sushi Stations...one by my house and one by work. Mmmm. Getting hungry already. BTW, for the "average" raters, I agree you can probably get much better sushi at some high-end places, if you like the raw stuff. Since I don't, I will tell the sushi haters that you can become a Sushi lover by trying any one of the Sushi Stations. It's a win-win situation.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The conveyor belt that travels the sushi around the restaurant makes this a fun place to go to for sushi. The sushi is average. I've had better and I've had worse. Since the plates are color coded the better sushi is on the more expensive plates. It's really easy to walk out of there paying a large bill because it's so easy just to reach in and grab another plate of sushi. My advice to anyone going for the first time, look at all of the sushi as it travels by the first time and then decide what you want to eat as it comes around again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I really was not expecting the sushi here to be that good. I ordered some takeout on my way to a friends house. The ordering was easy - great online printable menu. The staff was friendly. I didn't have to wait for my order. The food was yummy and three rolls and a salad cost me less than $20. Nice! Would definitely go here again. PS. The staff said the food is even better of you dine in because you get to choose smaller portions and try more items. YUM!

Been to Sushi Station II? Share your experiences!