“Love this hotel”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times while my husband was in Effingham doing job training. Not once did I have a filthy room or any complaints! The staff is very friendly. The pool was nice and warm. Beds are very comfortable! Excellent hotel for a decent price! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I 'am not a big fan of Quality Inn's. Generally the hotels are old and run down. Not this one. They were remodeling during are stay but everything was nice. The breakfast was good and the staff very helpful. It was a pet friendly hotel which we needed. I have a slight handicap and they set me up with room that was very convenient. Will stay there again. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We needed a hotel for the night on our way passing through on a road trip. This place fit the bill perfectly. It had been recently remodeled, so our room was like new. The room was clean and felt comfortable. The room was quiet. We didn't hear any other guests, and there was very little noise from the interstate. We checked in late and left early so we didn't have a chance to use the pool or the Wi-Fi. The free continental breakfast was pretty decent..and it was free so that's a plus by saving us a meal expense. The front desk staff was very friendly. Access was very convenient, right near the interstate exit. We would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tncouple222
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed y here again here recently and enjoyed my stay. I would stay here again.

The good:
- Jacuzzi in the room.
- Microwave and fridge in the room
- Nice TV and a good selection of channels
- Helpful staff. I am limited on my abilities in walking and the staff helped me carry my luggage up to my room. She also helped me find good Chinese food!
- Quiet room that had a comfortable bed.

The bad:
- The room was hot. I think this was because of the heated pool but I had the air conditioning on most of the night to keep it cool.
- The room has a slight smell of the pool chemicals.
- No elevator and all the suites were on the second floor. This was an issue for me due to physical abilities but the staff was very helpful.

I would stay here again. It was close to the highway and a shopping center if you needed anything during your travels. They allowed me to park my motorcycle under the over hang near the camera all night as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came in after a long long day on the way to a gravely ill relative's house, and with a rest stop coupon in hand. The desk clerk told us that they would not honor the coupon and would NOT give us the AARP discount because they were busy and there was a seminar in town. Because we couldn't go any further, we took the room. We use the rest stop coupon books to plan our trips, we WILL NOT be coming to any of this hotel chain's units again. Shame on you!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pauwwa
Reviewed October 1, 2013

A nice, quiet, hotel easily accessible to the freeway. Room spacious with either 2 queens or 1 king. (We reserved 2 connecting rooms.) Nearby were several fast food places as well as good restaurants. Kohl's and walmart at this exit (#160). King room has trudge...queen not. Laundry for guests on premises. A big plus for travelers!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We almost passed this one up, due to a somewhat uninspiring appearance and location, but we are so glad we stayed here! Everything was very clean and the employee was very helpful and gave us a room that was even a little better than the one we booked. Had a great night's sleep and a good hot breakfast the next morning. We make a long drive from Tennessee to Minnesota every year, and this will make the top of the list for our "halfway point" stop.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple