Comfort Suites
$93
$80
$103
$98
Super 8 Effingham(Effingham)(Great Value!)
$61
$109
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsfree continental breakfastmuch needed renovationcoffee tablehigh schoolfamily restaurantgolden retrieverend tablecall aheadbig rigroom was cleanright next doorchoice hotelsnot hesitate to stay here againtwo queenssofa beda great staynice job
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Not gonna lie, I chose this town on my road trip based on the name. We had a lot of fun with it. The hotel was packed during our visit. The room was clean and well-sized. My only complaint was the bellman trolly to use when bringing in your belongings. It was like a bad supermarket cart and impossible to use. There is a steakhouse next door for easy dining and plenty of parking.

Room Tip: This is a pet-friendly hotel. Please be aware if you are not pet-friendly, yourself.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carriecas
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The accommodations were very roomy and comfortable. Because of our event, we asked for late checkout and were given that option. Very friendly service and breakfast was most satisfying. The location was close to the highway but not too close that you heard any noise.

Room Tip: We asked for the upper floor in preference and were delighted to be given that request.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always stay at this property when in Effingham, IL. The staff is always Very friendly and the rooms are always clean and comfortable! There is a resturant right across the parking lot and is easy a quick and good food.

Room Tip: chose a King suite, very spacious for a chain hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Travelling through Illinois this past weekend we stayed at this Comfort Suites in Effingham, conveniently located off I-57. The property was updated, clean and the beds were comfortable. I probably would give them an excellent rating but there were 2 minor negatives: the caulk needed replaced in the bathroom, the room was hot all night and we kept switching from a/c to fan to cool it off. I guess it is good we weren't freezing in January but I can't sleep when I am hot. Oh, the front desk staff was great. One person in our party left the cord to their air machine at the hotel. We stopped there on our way back home and they had it. Thank you!!!!!

One thing they could change and this is throughout the Comfort Inn/Suites properties, I really hate the vanity being open to the bedroom. This does not allow for one person to get ready while anyone else attempts to sleep in. Otherwise good property & location. I forgot my swimsuit or I would have tried the nice pool. Breakfast had a good selection.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Wow, this was a wonderful place to stay right before Christmas on our way home from Florida. In the lobby was a glowing fireplace and a Nativity set. We were greeted by a friendly girl who gave us an upgrade and recommended the restaurant next door. She was very helpful and sweet. The restaurant was the BEST too.
Our room was so clean and had a couch along with a King Bed, desk, refrigerator and big bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family