“Very Accommodating Accommodations”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The accommodations were very roomy and comfortable. Because of our event, we asked for late checkout and were given that option. Very friendly service and breakfast was most satisfying. The location was close to the highway but not too close that you heard any noise.

Room Tip: We asked for the upper floor in preference and were delighted to be given that request.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always stay at this property when in Effingham, IL. The staff is always Very friendly and the rooms are always clean and comfortable! There is a resturant right across the parking lot and is easy a quick and good food.

Room Tip: chose a King suite, very spacious for a chain hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Travelling through Illinois this past weekend we stayed at this Comfort Suites in Effingham, conveniently located off I-57. The property was updated, clean and the beds were comfortable. I probably would give them an excellent rating but there were 2 minor negatives: the caulk needed replaced in the bathroom, the room was hot all night and we kept switching from a/c to fan to cool it off. I guess it is good we weren't freezing in January but I can't sleep when I am hot. Oh, the front desk staff was great. One person in our party left the cord to their air machine at the hotel. We stopped there on our way back home and they had it. Thank you!!!!!

One thing they could change and this is throughout the Comfort Inn/Suites properties, I really hate the vanity being open to the bedroom. This does not allow for one person to get ready while anyone else attempts to sleep in. Otherwise good property & location. I forgot my swimsuit or I would have tried the nice pool. Breakfast had a good selection.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the interstate, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Wow, this was a wonderful place to stay right before Christmas on our way home from Florida. In the lobby was a glowing fireplace and a Nativity set. We were greeted by a friendly girl who gave us an upgrade and recommended the restaurant next door. She was very helpful and sweet. The restaurant was the BEST too.
Our room was so clean and had a couch along with a King Bed, desk, refrigerator and big bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Arrived after 11:00 PM - very good experience. Clean and quiet. Fast wi-fi. A good stop on the road. Convenient location. Breakfast nothing to get excited about, if that matters to you. Front desk staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very clean with a beautiful decor. Bed was very comfortable and the staff was excellent. Would stay here again without question!!! Hotel appears to be newly remodeled and they did a great job.very elegant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

While the room layout is lovely, the furnishings need some upgrading.
- When I sat on either of the two padded table chairs, the springs hit me right on the behind. No padding, and the springs squeaked.
- The cushions on the sofa sag quite a lot.
- The bedspreads on both of the beds were wrinkled and looked at if someone had been standing on the beds!
-It was raining, I was on the second floor, in the hallway water was leaking through the ceiling onto the carpet in at least 3 different places. Some of the acoustic tiles had crumpled and fallen on the carpet. One bucket was put out under a leak just after we arrived. I called the front office and told them that there were at least to more leaks that needed buckets. 45 minutes later still no buckets, still leaking. I called front desk again and was told it appears that the leaks are moving around so they didn't put any more buckets out. What?! Last time I checked there were 3 buckets under the 3 leaks.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends