“A gem in the middle of nowhere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Delta Inn

BEST WESTERN Delta Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“A gem in the middle of nowhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

OK, maybe not the middle of nowhere but there's not much around here and the only reason you're looking for a hotel in Effingham is probably because you're either driving on 57 or on 70 and this town is like America's biggest intersection. And this hotel is literally on the off ramp. Couldn't be easier access.

What a pleasant surprise it was when we arrived at the Hampton Inn to find a hotel so well maintained, sparkling clean and with a helpful, smiling staff. And by the way, when I say clean, I mean you can literally eat off the floor. The hotel is small, about 67 rooms if I remember correctly and there's a lovely indoor pool with easy access from all the rooms. Breakfast is in a small dining room, very B&B-like.

A big plus if you're a steak lover - right next door to the hotel is the Lone Star Steakhouse with some fantastic food - meats and otherwise. Traveling with two huge teenage boys, this was a great place to have dinner.

One thing I'd mention as a bit of a let down is the carpet of cigarette butts next to the side entrance. I was going to upload a picture I took of this "carpet" but decided against it because I don't want to create the impression this is something major. I am sure if anyone from the hotel reads this they'll happily take care of it. And I just don't get smokers - there's an ashtray right there by the door!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OphirBY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Hamptons are our hotel chain of choice. Not too expensive, either. So far, all have been clean, professional, and consistent. This one did not disappoint us. Always a comfortable bed, bright and clean room and bathroom, and a great, balanced breakfast. Very convenient to the freeway, and they provided a great coupon for the "rib restaurant" next door. Excellent!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PANeddie
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I've always stayed at the Comfort Inn properties in the past, but this time, passing through to Ohio, we thought we'd try the Hampton. This particular property is fantastic. I couldn't find one thing wrong with the room they put us in, except maybe a small water stain on the ceiling of the room, which might indicate a roof leak in need of attention. But who cares when everything else in the room was spotlessly clean and updated? The kingsized bed was extremely comfortable. Pillows were abundant (I counted six). The AC unit was blissfully quiet, and the room had a microwave and mini-fridge which we used to stow some items from our cooler. A flat-screen TV on the wall made for comfortable viewing from the bed. The bathroom was spotless, which I always inspect with a careful eye before using for the first time. What I particularly loved is that they claim to wash the comforter on the bed for each guest, and I believe it. I inspected that pretty carefully, too, and it was perfect. Lightweight, fluffy, and wonderful. Usually I peel down the bedspreads on hotel beds because they're disgusting, but this one I just curled up in, confident it wasn't laden with year-old microbes. Anyway, I feel certain that anyone who stays in this Hampton Inn won't go away disappointed. Myself, I am now a Hampton girl, and happily wave goodbye to the Comfort Inn line.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TurtleGirl2010
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stopped here with the 11 month old and the 3 year old. The bed was comfy. The breakfast was great. The room was clean. The staff was amazing. Best of all, the adjacent rooms were quiet :) They gave me a few bucks off for being a Veteran. I couldn't have asked for a better place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank afwxguy2002
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Nice hotel. Clean, extra friendly staff. Great location.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank cplot
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is pretty much a standard Hampton Inn, though it is not brand spanking new like some of them. However it still had everything to offer. The room was comfortable and the amenities were plentiful. The breakfast was tasty and the workout room was quite sufficient. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only reason I had to take away a star was because the woman at the front desk messed up my reservation in order that I could not receive hhonors points. She also signed me up for a hhonors account but put all the wrong information and name on it. That has caused me a little trouble to try to get it straightened out, but when I called back to do so, the manager was so kind about it and tried to fix it for me. I am sure this was an isolated incident but it still took away a little from the stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank k86j84
Angie_676, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Delta Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments. We strive to guarantee each guest 100 percent satisfaction. It is nice to have the reassurance that we are doing our job properly. We look forward to serving you again. Once again thank you for your time and patronage.

Erin Barton
Guest Service Manager
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

The rooms were clean and the beds are comfy. Staff was wonderful!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family