“Nice hotel”

Best Western Delta Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Nice hotel. Clean, extra friendly staff. Great location.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank cplot

Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is pretty much a standard Hampton Inn, though it is not brand spanking new like some of them. However it still had everything to offer. The room was comfortable and the amenities were plentiful. The breakfast was tasty and the workout room was quite sufficient. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only reason I had to take away a star was because the woman at the front desk messed up my reservation in order that I could not receive hhonors points. She also signed me up for a hhonors account but put all the wrong information and name on it. That has caused me a little trouble to try to get it straightened out, but when I called back to do so, the manager was so kind about it and tried to fix it for me. I am sure this was an isolated incident but it still took away a little from the stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank k86j84
Angie_676, Front Office Manager at Best Western Delta Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments. We strive to guarantee each guest 100 percent satisfaction. It is nice to have the reassurance that we are doing our job properly. We look forward to serving you again. Once again thank you for your time and patronage.

Erin Barton
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2012

The rooms were clean and the beds are comfy. Staff was wonderful!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I cannot say enough good about this property! The staff were great; the room was better than I expected; the breakfast was plentiful and fresh. This is what a limited service hotel should be!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank OrangeBird
Reviewed May 3, 2012

After staying at several other hotels in Effingham, I decided to stay at this one. The location is great...just off the interstate next to Lonestar. Close to many different food & shopping options and only 3 easy miles from the courthouse square.

The amenities were far better then I expected. The breakfast had a good variety and a large eating area that space was made for. Not crammed in the corner like most hotels in the area.

The grounds were well kept with plenty of parking. The staff was very pleasant to talk to. I never saw Housekeeping, but it was very obvious they were there because the room was always very clean and fresh smelling.

The pool & fitness room were off by themselves. Which was great. So many hotels the eating 'nook' is right next to the pool & exercise room. Maybe it's me, I have an issue with this. So it was very nice to see them separated from the mainstream traffic. The pool was pretty nice...decently warm. The fitness room had the basic 4 items: an elliptical, treadmill, cycle and a TV. Two of the 4 got used.

The room I was in had many nice features. Microwave, fridge, large flat screen tv (with computer monitor hookup), wireless internet, hideaway bed, plenty of desk space, large bathroom. Sound from the other floors, rooms and hallways didn't seem to penetrate my room...which was great.

----------------------

They might want to think about 'recycling' towels. I don't have a problem reusing old towels of mine. I didn't think it necessary for them to be changed out everyday. Doing the ,'leave the dirty ones on the floor' routine would work.

The biggest, and one of only two real disappointments, that I had with my stay was the internet. Their policy is to change wireless access codes on Mondays. So why did they give me an old code on Sunday evening (knowing I would be staying a week)? Monday, I didn't need the code. Tuesday I did and my code didn't work. Finally I got a new code. Their access points aren't named after the hotel...I wasn't sure if I was on theirs or using someone's personal hotspot. The internet was very slow. It was frustrating to get anything done on the internet because of it's lack of speed.

My other complaint is the comforter....it weighs almost 30 pounds folded up. Any idea how uncomfortable it is to sleep with that kind of weight on you? I didn't want to turn on the heat. I had the AC on low to get some air moving. I recommend wearing fall weather PJ's or bringing your own blanket.

One downside, and the hotel has no control over this, is the interstate construction. Since they do mostly night construction, it makes it a little difficult to get to sleep if you are on the west side of the building. While the walls are thick, the windows are not.

Room Tip: If interstate construction is still going on, bring earplugs or get an east/north side room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was a very good choice, the price was fair. Room was clean, beds were comfortable. Property appeared well maintained for it's age. Usual suspects for the breakfast, all very good. Staff was pleasant and efficient, easy check-in. We'd stay here again if in this area. Well lit parking area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Clean and comfortable, but the property is showing some signs of it's 15+ years of age. For a night or so, it's perfectly fine, but you won't get the contemporary look and feel of newer facilities. Pricing was pretty fair for the area. Staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. This would be a good stop for a traveling family looking for an indoor pool and a complementary breakfast in the am.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side all face the interstate.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business