All reviewsnice lobbysteak house next doorgas stations and restaurantsroom was cleangreat nights sleepslept greatindoor poolyogurtdecent breakfastquick checkright next doorgreat ratebest westernsa great staynice sizeeasy accessplace to stay
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We usually really like Hampton Inns, and this one meets expectations. Our room had what I think the call a Cloud Nine bed with the especially comfortable mattress and white duvet cover on the comforter. Everything felt clean and new. The free breakfast was good, and they have the waffle iron. The only downsides were slightly low water pressure in the shower (but no worse than many other hotels) and a slightly odd location. It's right off the interstate, and the signage got us there with no problem, but it was just a little odd.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank yaelyo
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Stayed after Lake Sara 5K race. Location was great, right off of the interstate. Could not hear noise from the highway in our room. Everything was perfect except the bathroom counter wasn't clean. Breakfast selection was good. Will probably stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brijleff
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I had the pleasure of partaking in the "great midwest winter storm of 2011" within the past couple of days. After our power went out at 9:30 last night, I decided that I was NOT going to stay home with my 2 children and freeze without electricity, so I phoned our local Hampton Inn to check for room availability. Thankfully, they were able to accommidate our request with the room we needed. Once we arrived, check in was so super fast, which was awesome considering the fact that we were exhausted. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly, and even made it a point to personally speak with us about the storm and why we were there. Our room was immaculate, and the beds were SO comfy! The room was the perfect temperature, and we were able to settle in immediately and fall right to sleep. While the hotel was very close to full, all was quiet throughout the night. In the morning, we enjoyed an amazing breakfast.... (the best I have EVER had at a Hampton, by the way) and were able to watch the storm coverage live on the huge flat screen on the weather channel! The greatest part was watching one of the staff members help a disabled man get his breakfast, ensure that he had more than enough, and then take it to his room for him. As we were eating, I told my husband that I kind of hoped our electricity didn't come back on because I would love to spend another night at the hotel. We even made a reservation before we left just in case!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank shawna13
Reviewed January 25, 2011

Pool area ceiling black mold everywhere.

Room 226 Toilet wobbles excessively when you sit on it.

Noticable ceiling leaks everywhere.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2011

This is a good choice to stay at, I have many times. The staff is friendly and accommodating. There are good restaurants in the near vicinity and the location is just off the interstate.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mhburns1
Angie_676, General Manager at Best Western Delta Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

On behalf of the staff at the Hampton Inn, Effingham, we would like to thank you for filling out a review for our hotel. It was our pleasure serving you, and hope to see you again real soon.

Angie Jones