Super 8 Effingham
$103
$93
$111
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesbudget hotelnothing fancywould stay here againno frillswithin walking distancewaffle makerallow petsfast foodnight's sleepneeded a place to staycontinental breakfastone night stayroad tripup to dateother hotels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed one night here on the way back to AZ from the NY area. It was very clean, conveniently located and the staff was very friendly. It sure was a MUCH better choice than the Super 8 in Jacksonville, IL. Our fears of staying in another Super 8 were relieved! There was also a good Thai restaurant directly across the street where we were able to have a nice take-out meal - not the best Thai but fresh with a very friendly owner.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The price is great----big motor oil spill as you enter hall way to rooms and was there one year earlier--cig smoke strong in hall way but not in room - clean room but wife got one whelp on her upper leg as a insect bite would look- tiny breakfast area - very plesant staff -you be the judge

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Ive stayed at this hotel before, but this time was different. When i checked in, the girl at the front desk did not say hi, definitely lacking social skills. only asked me for my name... Did not look at an ID or even take my debit card. I assume she just charged what i booked online. I handed her nothing, the only thing i did was sign something. This makes me uneasy. When i got to the room, there was hair EVERYWHERE, in the bathroom... on the pillows.. gross! I got locked out of my room 2 out of the 3 days i was there...finally the second time she changed my doorlocks batteries. At least the place was cheap...

Room Tip: Far away from entrance doors, they are LOUD at 5am!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2012

found this hotel to be dingy. We were located on the bottom floor - felt like a basement.
Dirty, small, noisy. We like to be able to keep an eye on our vehicle and could not with their
parking lot layout. Spend the extra $ or keep on truckin!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel met every requirement. The price was very reasonable, the pool was quite nice, the beds were sufficient. I appreciated the free breakfast and my children liked making their own waffles. The staff was friendly and courteous, and I love that the less expensive hotels usually have free wifi. My only real complaint was the smell of old cigarettes in the side entryway, though our room had no odor. Nothing special or beautiful here, but nothing wrong, either.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family